I’ve installed Mycroft onto my 2007 MacBook running Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS. Everything is working except for the audio detection. I’ve run the ./start-mycroft.sh audiotest, and it picks up my voice just fine, but whenever I say the wakeword “Hay Mycroft” or try to say how long I want a timer, nothing happens. I have the terminal pulled up and can see that it’s not at all registering that I’m speaking, the mic level stays at 67-*-93.66.
I’ve installed and changed the listener to PocketSphinx, and installed PulseAudio, but I just can’t figure out what the problem is. When I try to do ./start-mycroft.sh wakewordtest, it just says
Warning: No Wav files found in /home/myname/mycroft-core/test/wake_word/data/with_wake_word
Warning: No Wav files found in /home/myname/mycroft-core/test/wake_word/data/without_wake_word
A couple hours later, I made some progress. I changed the wakeword to Christopher and that works, but only when I set my audio output to Digital Output (S/PDIF) - Build-in Audio. But when I use this, I can’t hear Christopher. So it technically works when I say the wakeword and command when the audio output is set to Digital Output, then can hear his response when I change the audio output to Speakers. I have no idea why it’s doing this.
(Once again, UPDATE)
a couple minutes after that, I figured out the problem. It was source issue I previously messed with in PulseAudio. Now that it’s fixed, I have a good snarky voice assistant!