No response from mycroft regarding order status

Since I switched the wake word to “Hey Mycroft” om Neon I have had 0 false triggers.
With tv/radio on in range

1 Like

Thanks! Please let me know if I can help in any way. If you want to email me at clary@neon.ai I can send you a direct invitation link to the Matrix room.

Changing Neon to react to “Hey Mycroft” has dropped false triggers to zero. The Mycroft II running Mycroft still false triggers now and then.

I managed to find a matrix client that I could make work, and joined the channel yesterday.

2 Likes

So you have managed to change the wake word to HEY MYCROFT without having it ALSO accept Hey Neon? How did you do that? It seems to be a problem that has been mentioned several times in the Matrix room.

BTW, @NeonClary, I find the Matrix room a total PITA! I don’t mean the people at all. Everyone there is really quick and helpful. But the software itself is terrible. It does not seem to keep conversations straight like this forum does, so it is incredibly difficult to follow a conversation when there are several going on at once. (Now it might be that I just have the wrong model in my head and am not doing the right thing. Please set me straight if that is so!)

Thanks to both of you!

1 Like

Hey neon, Change my wakeword to Mycroft

Actually, I hadn’t thought to test if Hey Neon would still work, I just know that telling it to change the wake word to Mycroft stopped false triggers. I’ll test that. I read about the development release option in the Matrix room and have been getting updates. The changes from release to release are interesting.

The first update would go deaf after several hours. Even pressing the button wouldn’t let it hear me. I had to restart services to get voice control back. Another release hit and it doesn’t go deaf now, but it won’t play news. I should probably go and post this stuff in the Matrix room.

It’s got a reply button, and a “thread” button, which makes it easier to follow a long-running conversation, but otherwise, it’s just a chat room.

Matrix won a platform war to replace IRC. I was an extremely loud voice in opposition to its winning, but it won.

1 Like

Thanks. I tried the thread button, but it did not seem to help much. I’ll try again. Yeah, definitely a chat room is the right way to look at it.

1 Like

Hmm. I would have thought that if it still responded to Neon, it would have the same or more false wakes. But please let me know.

Also, did you enable beta updates (I forget the exact wording). I just checked yesterday, and Neon did not see that there were any new stable releases.

I’ve had luck by not only setting the Hey Mycroft wakeword in neon.yaml, but also explicitly disabling Hey Neon. It’s not a voice-only solution but it got the job done!

What is the syntax in neon.yaml? All I have there now is blacklisted_skills.

Never mine…I found it in Matrix. (We’ll see if it works :slight_smile: )

I have a blog post like 90% written…should just publish it :smiley:

hotwords:
  hey_mycroft:
    active: true
    module: ovos-ww-plugin-precise
    listen: true
    sound: snd/start_listening.wav
    version: "0.3"
    model: "https://github.com/MycroftAI/precise-data/raw/models-dev/hey-mycroft.tar.gz"
  hey_neon:
    module: ovos-ww-plugin-vosk
    listen: false
    active: false
    debug: false
    rule: fuzzy
    lang: en
    samples:
      - hey neon
  thank_you:
    sound: snd/acknowledge.mp3
  wake_up:
1 Like

Thanks! When you do your blog, it might be good to explain the various sub-parts of each hotword. I wonder if “fuzzy” is what makes “Hey Neon” so easy to trigger?

I have some sections on that but can definitely do more. The reason it’s so easy to trigger is that the vosk plugin listens for combinations of phonemes. The “ee” sound in Neon gets picked up from many words in English so it’s easily triggered. “Hey Ziggy” is less aggressive but also has more false activations than my wife and kids liked, so we switched back to “Hey Mycroft.”

If you want to try “Hey Ziggy” it’s just a modification of the hey_neon block:

hey_ziggy:
    listen: true
    active: true
    debug: false
    rule: fuzzy
    lang: en
    samples:
      - hey ziggy

Insert this into the block from above and it should activate once you restart the appropriate service(s). Note that just adding it without disabling Hey Mycroft means it will activate with both wakewords. That’s one of the features of OVOS/Neon that Mycroft classic core didn’t support.

1 Like

clarification on hotwords

• any number may be defined, by default active = False
  • the wake word selected in listener section will become active = True, unless explicitly set (either true or false) in it’s section
  • to activate more than 1 at same time, you need to manually set active = True in the second wake word

the symptoms described sound like a bug in config somewhere, where wake words are being set active = True forcefully in default config instead of just changing the string in listener section

I have not looked into the neon skill that does this to diagnose the issue

the vosk plugin also has several config options to tweak it, instead of fuzzy there are other rules, you can also test the full vocab setting (fuzzy was meant for this one)

1 Like

I checked, “Hey Neon” doesn’t work now that I’ve set Mycroft as the wake word. I made the change verbally. It sat for nearly a minute before confirming the change.

1 Like

@knox @atd @mikejgray - you should receive an email with an RMA number & instructions from Michael Lewis within a day, I just had a meeting with him. The email should instruct you to send your faulty device back in, and another will be mailed out to you promptly. Please let me know if you do not receive that email, and for any other issues with this please do message Mycroft but also cc me.

3 Likes

Thank you @NeonClary

Sorry but I didn’t receive any email

Same here…no emailed RMA.

1 Like