This is a basic skill I made (based on the Spotify Skill by forslund) to play music from a local directory. There is more to do with it, but it seems to work from here. Hope someone enjoys it!
How to install Offline Playback Skill
pip3 install tinytag)
vlc media player (sudo apt install vlc)
- Make sure the Installer skill is installed
- in account.mycroft.ai/skills, open the Installer skill’s settings
- Under “Skills URL” put “https://github.com/aamott/Offline-Playback-skill.git”
- Open mycroft and say, “Install offline playback skill”
Method 2: Won’t automatically update
- in the terminal, go to your mycroft skills folder (probably “cd ~/mycroft-core/skills”)
- Run “git clone https://github.com/aamott/Offline-Playback-Skill.git”
- Offline Playback Skill connects to AudioService
How to test Offline Playback Skill
- Make sure you have music in ~/Music
- Say, “Mycroft, play my music” and a random song should be played
- Say, "Mycroft, play and it should find the closest match and play it
- Say, "Mycroft, play something by and it should play songs by that artist
- Say, "Mycroft, play
Any feedback can be posted here for now or in GitHub.
Hope you enjoy it!