Openhab Integration

Anyone tried an Openhab integration that can point me to a good way to add Openhab skills?

Thanks
Oakguy

Hi,
I’m currently developing an openhab skill. You can find the first draft version here. It uses the API REST interface.

Can you guys give me a bit more insight into Openhab? I’d love to learn more.

Hi,
openhab is a opensource project for home automation. It is possible to define rules based on state changes or time based event. The strong point is the many bindings available that offer the chance to integrate several automation devices and make them interact each others.

That looks fantastic. Does openhab run on a platform like Pi ( I see it uses Java which can be a bit resource intensive )?

I’d love to see if there is a way to easily support more IoT devices with Mycroft using an open stack like OpenHAB.

That looks fantastic. Does openhab run on a platform like Pi ( I see it uses Java which can be a bit resource intensive )?

Yes it uses Java but it runs on Pi quite well.

I’d love to see if there is a way to easily support more IoT devices with Mycroft using an open stack like OpenHAB.

That’s is the reason why I decided to develop the openhab skill, just exposing the items from openhab, linked to my physical devices, I don’t need others dedicated skills, I can regulate thermostat temperature, or ask humidity level, or dim lights, or play music, or put in night mode my system when go to sleep just talking to Mycroft.

2 Likes

Okay, so I just bought 11 window sensors, 21 Hue lights, a Nest thermostat and a couple of Z-Wave outlets. I’m going to try connecting up the whole house to a few Mycroft units and see how it goes.

Fingers crossed!

Great! I can help with openhab if needed.