Overclocking raspberry pi 3 b+

So i’ve just been looking into overclocking my pi, iv overclocked a few PC and got some quite good results, i’ve found a what i think is a quite good guide to follow -

Boost your Raspberry Pi in Minutes | Details | Hackaday.io

any others out there anyone would like to mention would be great

also wondering if anybody had a go at doing this before, if so what were your results, i know each and every pi will produce different outcomes just wanted a feel of things to come.

at the moment i have a heatsink on the cpu and ram with a fan on each chip and just a heatsink on the ethernet controller.

thanks everyone

I’d look into a pine64 model, or an atomic, banana, or orange pi that’s faster/more memory instead.

Iv not really got the money to spend, I hoping I can improve on my pi

What are you trying to accomplish by doing so?

Not much really I’m not really worried about cpu really I’m more interested in the ram, I know I can’t upgrade the ram as its soldered to the board, just need a way to improve it some how, I did see this zram don’t really know much about it, is it worth installing??

running mycroft dosnt eat up all the memmory. But I if running other stuf on the pi on the same time can eat up the memmory.

Then zram is a way to get a little more out of the ram, but it costs a little on the cpu.

I extend the swap the few times I need more memmory (when making the THEIA IDE for the THEIA skill) I need much memmory on the Pi. But daily mycroft usage I dont.

2 Likes

You can also look into usb swap to save sd writes. Or boot from usb.
What else are you planning on running in the balance of ram?

1 Like

I’m running mycroft and MagicMirror2

How well does that work for you @Jmh474? I’ve been trying to run open box with pycroft and it slows down a lot. Even with nothing else running.