Padatious doesn't pass on home assistant commands

Description of the problem:
When asking Mycroft Mark II to turn off my living room light (set up in Home Assistant), Padatious sends the command to the wrong services.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
I told Mycroft variations of the same command and got interesting results:

Nov 20 01:17:04 localhost.localdomain python[384]: INFO:mycroft.util.log:Padatious match: {'name': 'play-radio.mark2:StopRadio.intent', 'sent': 'turn off living room light', 'matches': {'utterance': 'turn off living room light'}, 'conf': 0.19559353050474496}
Nov 20 01:17:27 localhost.localdomain python[384]: INFO:mycroft.util.log:Padatious match: {'name': 'play-radio.mark2:StopRadio.intent', 'sent': 'tell home assistant to turn off living room light', 'matches': {'utterance': 'tell home assistant to turn off living room light'}, 'conf': 0.23348344691436715}
Nov 20 01:17:46 localhost.localdomain python[384]: INFO:mycroft.util.log:Padatious match: {'name': 'volume.mark2:MaxVolume.intent', 'sent': 'toggle living room light', 'matches': {'utterance': 'toggle living room light'}, 'conf': 0.13321670890365261}
Nov 20 01:17:56 localhost.localdomain python[384]: INFO:mycroft.util.log:Padatious match: {'name': 'volume.mark2:MaxVolume.intent', 'sent': 'home assistant living room light', 'matches': {'utterance': 'home assistant living room light'}, 'conf': 0.12253514577669856}

Any changes you have made to the device?
No, this particular device is fresh out of the box.

Anything else you can think of that might be helpful?
Initially Mark II didn’t pick up my Home Assistant skill settings at all, until I made a change to them via the website, when it pulled the remote settings.

mycroft-core/dinkum(?) should filter confidences below a certain threshold, all those examples should have been handled as unknown intent since confidence is below 0.25 imho

1 Like

Alrighty, with a bunch of troubleshooting, it looks like it’s not Padatious’ fault - I had the Home Assistant skill set to my private DNS, which isn’t resolving, likely due to this issue DNS option not being used with DHCP (Mycroft II) - #5 by j1nx

When I hardcoded to the Home Assistant IP address, Mycroft works with it perfectly. I suppose that means that there should be some sort of voice or video warning when the Home Assistant configuration is failing? :slight_smile: