I’m a blind screen reader user. Unfortunately, something in the device-pairing process isn’t keyboard-accessible. Here’s what I do:
- Visit the Devices page.
- Click the link to add a device.
- Enter my code.
- Tab to the device type field. I try tabbing to the button labeled Other, but pressing Space or Enter on this button pops me back to the first button in the list. Also, since these are plain
<button/> elements, there is no indication as to which is elected.
- Tab to the name, enter one.
- Tab to the description, fill that in.
- Find the link to continue pairing, then press Enter.
I get no feedback about why this doesn’t work. I suspect that I’m not selecting my device type. Could you just use radio checkboxes for this? I get that it may not look slick and modern, but as it stands this widget is currently inaccessible to me as a screen reader user, and I tried every trick in my book to make inaccessible widgets do my bidding. None worked.