Picroft 2018-09-12 and the Google AIY Voice Hat

For sound level I would recomend the auto volume skill. It will set the level acording to the suroundings and low, middel and high level can be set on home.mycroft.ai.

https://market.mycroft.ai/skill/auto-volume

@andlo you’re my only hope it seems as every forum post I find about this has you in it or recommend! I got my picroft working tonight with the v1 aiy kit. But after a reboot your auto-volume skill flipped to red and I can’t get sound from the box at all, tried reinstalling the skill as well. Any ideas?

Check the logs (in /var/logs/mycroft/skills.log) and see if you can find a related error message.

@baconator

10:57:58.119 - msm.skill_entry - INFO - Downloading skill: https://github.com/andlo/auto-volume-skill
10:57:59.537 - msm.skill_entry - INFO - Installing system requirements...
10:57:59.618 - msm.skill_entry - INFO - Successfully installed auto-volume
10:58:01.704 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:121 - INFO - ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: auto-volume.andlo with ID auto-volume.andlo
10:58:03.253 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:168 - ERROR - Failed to load skill: auto-volume.andlo
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/mycroft-core/mycroft/skills/core.py", line 148, in load_skill
raise e
File "/home/pi/mycroft-core/mycroft/skills/core.py", line 144, in load_skill
skill.initialize()
File "/opt/mycroft/skills/auto-volume.andlo/__init__.py", line 59, in initialize
self.settings['Highest messurement'] = meter_thresh

Here’s the last chunk of the skills log after I install and try and run it.

Did you follow these steps exactly?

Quick update for people reading this.

Use the new picroft image 2019-07-20 which works flawlessly when doing a fresh install.

Download it here

1 Like

I tried Picroft_Buster-Keaton_2020-01-10.img just now. It works straight, no special things to do. Just answer the questions, take the instyalling on AIY v1 option. After getting it up, install the picroft google AIY voicekit skill. That is it! So glad this is working smoothly now. I frankly gave up after days of reading and configurations getting it to work, and then having it fail again after an update three weeks later. I decided to leave it alone for awhile - now 14 months later - it is working well.

Thanks everyone.

3 Likes

I also played around for a while with an earlier Picroft image. Voice didn’t work however, so I left it alone for a while. Yesterday I installed the latest Picroft image, looks like almost anything works. All but the button and led. I wonder should I make a fresh install or does anyone have a clue of how to make the button work.

thanx,
Wouter

1 Like

If you install the picroft-google-aiy-voicekit-skill then button and led will be used and work.

The skill is in the market.

1 Like

Thank you, that did the trick.

1 Like