[Picroft] American Female Voice Not Working

I can select 4 voices on the Devices page - British Male, American Female, American Male, and Google Voice. I see those changes reflected when I run “mycroft-config show remote” - “ap” for British Male; “trinity” for American Female, “kusal” for American Male, and a bunch of TTS changes for Google Voice.

One thing I did notice is that when I make the change to American Female (no matter the previous setting), and say “Hey Mycroft; Configuration Update” it always replies that there are no changes to apply event though running “mycroft-config show remote” does show the change to “trinity” (see below for TTS section of config files after change to American Female).

mycroft-config show default
"tts": {
  "pulse_duck": false,
  "module": "mimic",
  "mimic": {
    "voice": "ap"
  },
  "mimic2": {
    "lang": "en-us",
    "url": "https://mimic-api.mycroft.ai/synthesize?text=",
    "preloaded_cache": "/opt/mycroft/preloaded_cache/Mimic2"
  },
  "espeak": {
    "lang": "english-us",
    "voice": "m1"
  }
},

mycroft-config show remote
    "voice": "trinity"
  },
  "module": "mimic"
},

mycroft-config show system
    "path": "/home/pi/mycroft-core/mimic/bin/mimic"
  }
},

Additionally, I saw a few other topics from several months ago that addressed this, but they didn’t help.

I got the following from Support…

An indication of this would be nice on the settings page (either a warning or have the selection box greyed out and un-selectable).

Hi Andy, thanks for the nudge, I’ve removed the American Female button from the interface until the new model is deployed. Note that it may still show for a short time due to caching in your browser.

Has there been any update on the American Female Voice, like when it will be available?

We’ve dialed back non-essential projects for the time being.

It is in our backlog but it hasn’t been scheduled so no timeline at the moment.

so what is the status of the American female voice

1 Like