Picroft does not download American Feminine voice

Yes. I notice the microphone level. I try to reinstall the picroft image using etcher and get back all to default. My first re-installation the feminine voice is connected but my microphone is disable. But by the time I checked the connection of mic in RPI everything is good. I try to figuring out what happend but no luck. I have no choice but to reinstall again the picroft. My second re-installation using etcher. I install it succesfully and the microphone is working and the wake up call is working also but when I try to ask some skills like “what time is it”? many times. It seems is not working. I check the CLI when I try to ask again, the skill execution is not appearing. I try to type using keyboard some skill and it’s working. But when I speak some skill It’s not working. I hope you help me because I need for my project. Thanks

Additional, in my second installation the feminine voice is now working. The problem is the skill is not working thru voice input but when I type some skills on CLI the skills are working

Edit : I try to change the STT and TTS from it’s default. I change it to wit.ai STT and google for TTS. It seems working now.

We had some server issues earlier today, affecting the STT so it might have been that.

Ahh. I see. I hope it already fix. I just update if there’s a problem. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Good evening, I had a similar thing happening here. The RPi that I used to install Apmy’s voice initially gave sound, but mic didn’t work. By now (after update) no sound, no mic only answers typed commands in the CLI.

Any hint is welcome.

Bill

Thanks @william.stassen for reporting this, we have several reports of this issue on 18.02b version. Are you able to confirm for me:

• Picroft on RPi3
  • Version 18.02
  • Microphone: which microphone are you using?
  • Boots OK
  • Pairs OK
  • Listens to Wake Word
  • Does not respond to commands