So just to clarify, what ultimately fixed the audio Input/Output with the VoiceHat for others? I have mine working now, just curious to hear what the final solution others used was.
I would avoid editing the default pulseaudio config in this way
I spent a good hour viewing and editing any relevant config files on the file system, to find that I hadn’t even checked that the pulseaudio daemon was still running. This, unfortunately, is what I tend to experience at 2AM with no caffeine. Additionally, if anybody is still having trouble with this, the steps I took were:
Additionally, I also replaced the section beginning in pcm.!default in /etc/asound.conf with this:
Thanks for the button code tjoen, I’ll definitely take a look at that and either use it or make my own, as I’m using this more as a kit for learning to develop applications that can be controlled by smart home assistants, as apposed to expecting a polished product that just works. Thought this was a good place to start due to the hackability of mycroft. This thread was really helpful, thank you all.