PIcroft not responding to mic

I have successfully installed PIcroft on a PI3b+ with respeaker 2 hat. All of the audio in and out is working correctly when running mycroft-start audiotest but it wont respond to the wake word and there is no activity on the mic, see picture.

mic

Can anyone tell me where to look next?

I think I ended up playing with alsa settings before I could get it to work for me…

https://mycroft-ai.gitbook.io/docs/using-mycroft-ai/troubleshooting/audio-troubleshooting

You might have to set up a udev rule

#!/bin/bash

echo 'SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idProduct}=="0018", ATTR{idVendor}=="2886", MODE:="0660"' | sudo tee /etc/udev/rules.d/60-respeaker.rules &> /dev/null

toss /etc/udev/rules.d/60-respeaker.rules if this wont work.

EDIT: Just realised your talking about a HAT, so i don’t know how the signal is bussed.
This commit (unrelated) might give you some ideas. So basically i think it’s a permission issue

I pass the below audio test and according to Audio Troubleshooting - Mycroft AI it should just work. But no mic level still.

1. Mycroft Audio Test

Mycroft comes with a built-in audio test. This tool will attempt to record, then play back a short audio clip using the default microphone (source) and speakers (sink). To start the test run:

mycroft-start audiotest

If the test is successful and you hear the recorded audio back, it should be possible for Mycroft to use the intended microphone.