Picroft stops speaking before sentence is complete

I added a google aiy hat to my raspberry pi. The Mic and Speaker work perfectly. The issue is when I ask a question ( what mycroft is going to say is displayed in cli) mycroft only speaks part of the sentence. This happens when what mycroft is going to say is long. For example; hey mycroft what time is it… replys with… It’s four twenty six…not problem… but if I say hey mycroft what is ncc 1701…mycroft replays with …
USS Enterprise is a fictional starship in the fictional Star Trekmycroft-core 19.2.1
universe that serves as both the main setting of the original Star
Trek television series, as well as the primary transportation method
for the show’s characters
But only speaks… USS Enterprise is a fictional starship in the fictional Star Trek
universe that…and stops speaking.

I checked my audio.log and found that the wave file is being created. I copied the wave file to my Linux machine and tested it with audacity and when played…all the text is spoken correctly.

I am running mycroft-core 19.2.1

Hi zelt,

This seems to be happening for a number of people with the AIY kit facing this problem over here.

I’ve reached out to some of our other community members that I know use the AIY kit to help diagnose the problem. It’s clearly not a one off.

1 Like