Picroft Volume Control/Streams and rebooting

Hi All,
Over the last couple of weeks i have bought an audio board for an RPi and installed Picroft which is now functioning pretty well and has been an enjoyable experience so far (except my wife says Jarvis ignores her…) apart from that, the three questions i have are:

I see that there was a problem back in January 2019 with the volume skill not working on Picroft ,has this been resolved? It recognises commands and says it is changing the volume level but the volume level remains the same for both Picroft audio and streams on tunein skill. Is there an audio setting i can tweak?

With a Tune in stream running i cannot give verbal commands, but from reading threads on Pandora use, it looks like there is a feature that can tweak with mic and speaker levels. Would that work with Tunein? Any hints here would be useful as i can now stream radio but have to SSH in to stop it.

Reboot function - is there a tweak i can do to make the reboot function work for Picroft as i see this is known issue but have not seen a temporary fix?

Otherwise, excellent, stable and fun for the family though i wish the weather skill gave wind direction as well as speed.

TIA

John

To reboot and restart mycroft I use the cmd_skill. After downloading, you’ll need to make some tweaks to the /cmd_skill/vocab/en-us/Run.voc file.

Example:
run
execute
reboot the
refresh

After that you will need to add the rest of the phrase to the ~/.mycroft/mycroft.conf file.

Example:
{
“CmdSkill”: {
“alias”: {
“system”: “sudo reboot”,
“yourself”: “/usr/local/bin/restart-ai”
}
},
“max_allowed_core_version”: 19.8
}

Now create a bash script that corresponds to the above action.

Example:
sudo nano /usr/local/bin/restart-ai

#!/bin/bash
cd /home/tri/mycroft-core/
./start-mycroft.sh all restart

Now save the file and make it executable: sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/restart-ai

I’m sure you’ll need to make adjustments -such as the username, phrases and locations- but this is how I’ve done it.

As for your audio problem, that I don’t know. That skill works fine for me on both my Laptop and Tritium (all-h5-cc) SBC.

1 Like

Cornelius, thank you for that, plenty of detail whih really helps! i’ll have a crack at that tomorrow.

Cheers

John