Planning Picroft with ReSpeaker 6-Mic Circular Array

Hello there,

So I had an eye on Mycroft since the launched the Mark 2 on Kickstarter. Recently I stumpled over it again and the last two years I got into Smart Home and also fell in love with Raspberry PI.

Now I’m planning to install Mycroft on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ (Picroft). I read a little and some other forum posts. I didn’t wan’t to use some ugly looking external mic. In one threat I found that somebody used the Seed ReSpeaker and another guy used the ReSpeaker 6-Mic Circular Array this one sound really goog and absolutly perfect for my project.

I already bought the Raspberry Pi 3B+.

Now I just wanted to get some other opinions and also check if my plan makes sense for other people. Also wanted to ask if someone mad a nice case for the Picroft with the ReSpeaker 6-Mic Circular Array.

My Plan:

Raspberry Pi 3B+ with ReSpeaker 6-Mic Circular Array and Audio out hooked up to my Surround System via 3.5mm jack.

I also found this case https://www.distrelec.de/en/raspberry-pi-case-107-5x107-5x42mm-white-oneninedesign-asm-1900039-11/p/30115058?track=true and was wondering if someone is using it and can tell if the raspberry with the ReSpeaker 6-Mic Circular Array on top will fit in.
I will also have to modify it that the case has hole where the mics are.

Any advice and input are welcome

thanks

best

Noah

I own this case and think the mainboard of the ReSpeaker 6-Mic Circular Array will fit into it. You will probably have to cut a small hole somewhere for the flatwire-cable that goes to the mic-array.

Thanks for your reply.

But I don’t want to mount the platine with the mics on the outside. I would like to mount it on the inside and just drill 6 holes for the mics.
so can both parts of the ReSpeaker 6-Mic Circular Array fit inside the case?

With a board installed on the GPIO port there is 3-4mm headroom left. The mic-array is rather large, so this will be a very tight fit, if it fits at all.
You definitely should put some electrical insulation between the Respeaker mainboard and the mic-array.