Possibily to code an apps with 2 different language

Hello

I’am new in the MyCroft’s community. Before that I was tested snips but they close the web console and I think I had rather to focus on mycroft only.

I’m french and I learn German. I would like to code an app who question me about german vocabulary in french and vice-versa.

Can you reply me if it is possible ?

thanks

I want to know if it’s possible to use two languages at the same time.

No, this is currently not possible and I think - if possible at all - it will take a long time.
Personally I think the focus right now should be better support of languages other than English. Looking at translate.mycroft.ai there is only German with a 100% translation rate, runner-ups are Spanish (92%), Portuguese (86%) and Italian (85%), followed by Dutch (64%) - still a long way to go…

Hi Witanix, welcome to the Forums :slight_smile:

As Dominik said this isn’t supported functionality, and multilingual use isn’t a priority for us at the moment.

If you wanted to hack it together, I assume the simplest version of this would be to include the French answers in the German language files and vice-versa. However I’m not sure how well a German TTS would pronounce the French terms. So you’d need to either regularly switch TTS configurations or run both simultaneously.

I’d be interested to hear how it goes if you give it a try :slight_smile:

Hello i thank you for your answer. I’m disapointed because i really appreciate to help to learn vocabulary like flash card.

Happy end of year.

1 Like