Private Internet Access IP addresses blocked from mycroft.ai?

I’m running Mycroft on Arch Linux, and everything seems to be working except (1) TTS and (2) fetching remote configuration from mycroft.ai. I suspect the two issues are related to one another.

Shortly after pairing with mycroft.ai, I see the following in the debug log:

16:39:40.413 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (1): api.mycroft.ai
16:39:40.585 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - https://api.mycroft.ai:443 "GET /v1/device/ffffffff-ffff-ffff-ffff-ffffffffffff/location HTTP/1.1" 200 4
16:39:40.590 - mycroft.configuration.config:__init__:162 - ERROR - Failed to fetch remote configuration: AttributeError("'NoneType' object has no attribute 'iteritems'",)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/evan/desktop/my/mycroft/configuration/config.py", line 150, in __init__
translate_remote(config, setting)
File "/home/evan/desktop/my/mycroft/configuration/config.py", line 55, in translate_remote
for k, v in setting.iteritems():
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'iteritems'

After some digging, it seems like the sever is returning null. response.text is "null", response.json() parses it as None, and we get the NoneType exception. The status code is 200, however.

Any help would be much appreciated!

UPDATE: I have no issues when I’m not connected to my VPN, so it looks like this may be a simple case of an erroneously blocked IP range.

The specific address I’m connected to now is 173.239.221.139, and I’m having issues with Mycroft when connecting with that IP.