[Productivity] Hamradio stuff

Skill name: trackinghamradio-skill

User story:

For people with a diploma of radio-amateurism, a specific direction, I thought that it was possible to adapt this project already achievable with Alexa, but with Mycroft

What third party services, data sets or platforms will the Skill interact with? Are there similar Mycroft Skills already?

Mycroft will most certainly have to work with a second device (Raspberry?) To take care of the “reception” part of the tracking and rotation orders of the engines (which will certainly be in 12 or 110 / 230V).

What will the user Speak to trigger the Skill?
“Mycroft turns the antenna at 190 degrees”, “Mycroft turns the antenna towards the ISS”, “Mycroft turns the antenna in zero position”

What phrases will Mycroft Speak?
“The antenna is towards the ISS” or “The antenna is turned 190 degrees”

What Skill Settings Will this Skill need to store?
Nothing

Other comments?

It may also be interesting to be able to follow the directions of certain satellites (or the ISS), and if the satellite is in the field of view Mycroft will confirm the continuation and will run engines.
Once the target satellite “disappears”, Mycroft will voice it and return the antenna to 0 (0 degrees in both axes).

Source:

Hi @RoxGoryx, we have a template for Skill Suggestions, could I please get you to fill this out using the template - it makes it a lot easier to then plan for development.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Skill name: something-meaningful-skill

User story:

As a (type of user) I want this Skill to have (function or feature) so that I can achieve (objective)
eg. As a music lover, I want this Skill to control my music player so I can have voice-enabled music on my Mycroft Device

What third party services, data sets or platforms will the Skill interact with?

Are there similar Mycroft Skills already?

See https://github.com/MycroftAI/mycroft-skills for a list. If so, how could they be combined?

What will the user Speak to trigger the Skill?

For example “What’s the weather like?” or “How much is the Canadian dollar worth right now?” or “Play Aussie Rock music”

What phrases will Mycroft Speak?

For example, “The weather is cloudy with a top of 60F”, “The Canadian dollar is worth 90 US cents”, “Now playing Aussie Rock on Spotify”

What Skill Settings will this Skill need to store?

See https://mycroft.ai/documentation/skills/skill-settings/ for more information

Other comments?

Put any other comments you think are relevant in here