[RPi Model 3 B +] Picroft noob questions

I’ve used mycroft on Linux. Now trying RPi install. I’m new to RPi, but I’ve used embedded linux boards before.

I have a new RPi 3B+. I booted with a NOOBS card, but didn’t install. I flashed the card with raspbian_Picroft_2018-03-14.zip using etcher. Now booting, I see a multi-colored portrait shaped area (same background as NOOBS install screen?) and a lightning bolt symbol in the upper right corner.

Is this a bad flash or what?

I don’t know what to expect or what I have. Is this a GUI OS or headless? If this depends on hands-off initialization via DHCP, that’s a problem because I’m behind a proxy (that the DHCP server doesn’t announce). I’m in a corporate environment, so I can’t go to the DHCP server and see what address was handed out.

Thanks for any advice,
-tlc

The microSD has two partitions full of stuff.

Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
/dev/sdc1 8192 137215 129024 63M c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/sdc2 137216 6715968 6578753 3.1G 83 Linux

Ugh. I just found the 3B+ thread. Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Compatibility?

Yes, unfortunately Picroft does not yet work on RPi 3 Model B + due the the way the the power is routed on the Model B +. We’re not sure when we’ll have a solution to this - as Picroft is Raspbian Jessie Lite based - and we also want to move to a Stretch-based image at the same time.

Can you say more about the “power routing” issue? Raspian works. I haven’t seen any general power issues about the 3B+. How does this power issue affect the Mycroft application?

Read more here on how the community is attempting to get it working: