SCAM. This is a SCAM

Be warned…the promised device is not what they deliver.

It does none of the functions they claimed.

This is both false advertising and bait and switch.

Of course, when you try to report these problems to get a resolution they simply ghost you.

Scam. Scam. Scam.

Spread that news. Warn people to keep their money in their pocket. This is a pice of junk at a very high price

2 Likes

@dunkum agrees with you. He wrote about a month ago:
I have reported them to the FTC for bait & switch tactics.

See My experience with the Mark II - #5 by dunkum

-Mike Mac
1 Like

While its definitely not at the same level that google assistant/siri/alexa is, I’ve really been enjoying my mk2.

You’ll have a bad time if you go into it with the expectation that it will magically work, but I’ve found it rewarding to get it working with my existing home automation and messing around with building new features. That said, I don’t think I would have had the same experience if I didn’t know how to code already.

5 Likes

Be warned…the promised device is not what they deliver.

It does none of the functions they claimed.

This is both false advertising and bait and switch.

Of course, when you try to report these problems to get a resolution they simply ghost you.

Scam. Scam. Scam.

Spread that news. Warn people to keep their money in their pocket. This is a pice of junk at a very high price

The quoted post from @Katiekate is a bit hyperbolic, and maybe some fact-checking is needed to see just what Mycroft.AI promised…but overall it is accurate and not inflammatory…not something where the content should be blocked.

Hey, MycroftAI!

People are upset because they care about the things that this product was supposed to do. Please, please respond to technical support requests and communicate with your customers (current and potential) by giving some information about the direction of the project.

3 Likes

Magically work?
You have a strange idea of what a manufacturer responsibilities are. The law is very specific about implied warranty. For this very expensive device…the warranty (written or implied) is to deliver the device they sold…WORKING per the advertised spec.

Nothing magical about it….just normal and expected business practices

So…if this community post site is monitored…then why don’t they respond to all these issues…instead of just deleting the headlines intended to draw the attention of the people who could help?

Yes…they have mad customers. We paid nearly x10 the cost of a dot to get all the functions of a dot without the loss of privacy. That is not what they deliver. Instead of addressing issues…they delete posts and ignore direct inquiries.

1 Like

Can you give to me the address you used to report to the FTC?

just want to point out that community members can flag posts as spam, they are hidden until a moderator reviews it. posts are not being deleted by mycroft, in fact they will most likely unflag the post once they see it. I’ve never seen censorship from the mycroft team

3 Likes

You should also contact the BBB in Kansas City. They have a scam tracker and they’ll also report it to the state.
https://www.bbb.org/scamtracker

according to kickstarter 2,245 backers pledged $394,572

they lied to every single one of us about what they said they already had and what they were making. don’t believe me? go watch the videos and ask yourself what you’re watching. is that what you got? no. where’s the thing in the videos? it doesn’t exist. its smoke and mirror. how many kickstart people gave them money and will never get a device? its so gross they get away with this like so many ai scams.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aiforeveryone/mycroft-mark-ii-the-open-voice-assistant/comments

As Jarbas said, posts are automatically hidden if flagged by a community member.

We don’t censor things unless they violate our community guidelines so I’ve restored the post. However as in the other thread I would highlight that I have been responding to your emails and hope we can find a resolution to your problems.

2 Likes