Description of the problem:
Initial setup - not compatible with WPA3-SAE SSID, probably more Raspberry pi related than Mycroft Mark 2 software.
Tested on model SXR80 router aka Netgear Orbi Pro with multiple WLANs and SSID configured.
- Fails - When pasting the password for the WPA3-SAE SSID the Mark 2 doesn’t connect and returns to the beginning of the setup.
- Pass - When pasting the password for the WPA2-PSK SSID wifi setup occurs as expected and proceeds to pairing.
Both are dedicated and not mixed types.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
*For example, *
- Plug in fresh Mycroft Mark 2
- Mark 2 creates Wifi hotspot - “Mycroft”
- link device to wifi hotspot
- Select WPA3-SAE SSID
- Enter WP3-SAE SSID either manually or copy paste from password manager
- submit the password
- "suspecting cause of restart is a timeout of the authentication to start the process over
Any changes you have made to the device?
- No, fresh out of the box, texted on two different Mark 2 devices
Anything else you can think of that might be helpful?
If this is reproducible by others it may be wise to add a note of the Wifi limitation in the setup until this is worked out on Set Up - Mycroft Mark II
-Work around is to use a WPA2-PSK SSID
- related: Wi-Fi Protected Access 3 (WPA3) support · Issue #4718 · raspberrypi/linux · GitHub
- a few WPA3 issues are open - Issues · raspberrypi/linux · GitHub