[Skill] Mark 1 control the enclosure

Hello everyone!

I’ve been working on a skill for the Mycroft Mark 1 device to leverage some of the API’s available from here. So far It can change eye color, set the brightness of the faceplate, and turn on auto brightness. I’m sure there are quite a few creative we could pull off with the set of API’s. Feel free to contribute to any ideas you may have! Throw an issue on an idea, or do a PR if you’d like to make some changes.

To test it out say

hey Mycroft, install skill Mycroft Mark 1

Let me know what you think!

Is there a instruction on how to install a face plate onto a picroft? It doesnt even have to be the mark 1. At the very least i want a audio line displayed on a connected led and it show when mycroft is speaking. If you can understand what im getting at. :blush:

Hi,
great skill, but I have a little problem with configuration. I am not really sure what the problem is.
Description:
I have to Mark 1 device and skill is installed on both, but I see only for the first registered device the configuration settings.

Do you have a idea whats going wrong?

@the_doctor the skills settings are now global, so they share the settings. If you make a change from home.mycroft.ai, you should be able to see the change on both devices. Also, some skills themselves are able to make changes to settings directly to home.mycroft.ai, Mycroft-mark-1 being one of them. But only the device that first loaded the skill can make that change. We understand that is not the desired behavior and plan to make it so any device can make changes to the skill settings in home.mycroft.ai, but first we have to make a few changes to the backend to support that.