[SOLVED] Wake word not working

I’m sorry to start a new topic on this issue but I have searched many posts and never seen the solution. My croft seems to work fine except it won’t respond to wake word. Any suggestions what might cause this?

Hi,

can you describe your setup some more? Which platform, if it’s in a virtual machine etc. Did you install from the github repository or are you on picroft or a Mark-1?

Are you using the default (Hey Mycroft) wakeword?

/Åke

I’m using Mark1 and yes the wake word is “Hey Mycroft” with phoneme: HH AY M AY K R AO F T. If I run ./start-mycroft.sh cli mark1 runs answering the questions but it wont trigger at wake word. I also checked if the mic is working and it seems to work ok, sot its not that. Here is the log output of the mycroft-speech-client.

10:21:21.180 - mycroft.configuration:load_defaults:242 - INFO - Loading configuration: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.9.0-py2.7.egg/mycroft/configuration/mycroft.conf
10:21:21.190 - mycroft.configuration:__load:117 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.9.0-py2.7.egg/mycroft/configuration/mycroft.conf’ loaded
10:21:21.214 - mycroft.configuration:__load:117 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/home/mycroft/.mycroft/mycroft.conf’ loaded
10:21:21.219 - mycroft.configuration:load_defaults:242 - INFO - Loading configuration: mycroft.ai
10:21:21.252 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (1): api.mycroft.ai
10:21:21.282 - mycroft.configuration:load:157 - WARNING - Failed to fetch remote configuration: ConnectionError(MaxRetryError(“HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.mycroft.ai’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/device/f6162a12-158e-43e5-bf25-7c1b10da774e/setting (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75d7f0b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known’,))”,),)
10:21:21.287 - mycroft.configuration:__load_cache:199 - INFO - Using cached configuration if available
10:21:21.302 - mycroft.configuration:__load:117 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/opt/mycroft/web_config_cache.json’ loaded
10:21:21.307 - mycroft.configuration:load_defaults:242 - INFO - Loading configuration: /etc/mycroft/mycroft.conf
10:21:21.333 - mycroft.configuration:__load:117 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/etc/mycroft/mycroft.conf’ loaded
10:21:21.339 - mycroft.configuration:__load:117 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/home/mycroft/.mycroft/mycroft.conf’ loaded
10:21:21.345 - mycroft.configuration:load_defaults:242 - INFO - Loading configuration: /home/mycroft/.mycroft/mycroft.conf
10:21:21.363 - mycroft.configuration:__load:117 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/home/mycroft/.mycroft/mycroft.conf’ loaded
10:21:21.390 - mycroft.configuration:__load:117 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/home/mycroft/.mycroft/mycroft.conf’ loaded
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.front
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround21
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround21
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround40
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround41
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround50
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround51
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround71
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.iec958
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1022:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
10:21:26.684 - mycroft.client.speech.listener:create_wake_word_recognizer:214 - INFO - creating wake word engine
10:21:26.693 - mycroft.client.speech.hotword_factory:create_hotword:134 - INFO - creating hey mycroft
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/mycroft-speech-client”, line 14, in
load_entry_point(‘mycroft-core==0.9.0’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘mycroft-speech-client’)()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.9.0-py2.7.egg/mycroft/client/speech/main.py”, line 134, in main
loop = RecognizerLoop()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.9.0-py2.7.egg/mycroft/client/speech/listener.py”, line 187, in init
self._load_config()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.9.0-py2.7.egg/mycroft/client/speech/listener.py”, line 205, in _load_config
self.wakeword_recognizer = self.create_wake_word_recognizer()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.9.0-py2.7.egg/mycroft/client/speech/listener.py”, line 228, in create_wake_word_recognizer
return HotWordFactory.create_hotword(word, config, self.lang)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.9.0-py2.7.egg/mycroft/client/speech/hotword_factory.py”, line 140, in create_hotword
return clazz(hotword, config, lang=lang)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mycroft_core-0.9.0-py2.7.egg/mycroft/client/speech/hotword_factory.py”, line 62, in init
self.decoder = Decoder(config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pocketsphinx/pocketsphinx.py”, line 271, in init
this = _pocketsphinx.new_Decoder(*args)
RuntimeError: new_Decoder returned -1

Hi @forslund and @LxR - just FYI I’ve been worked with @Wolfgange on this one as well as LxR via email, so I have an email trail as well.

Sorry for inconvenience I got it to work. I have ran the upgrade and I checked the phonemes and changed it to HH EY . M AY K R AO F T the dot was missing and I also have increased the threshold value to 1e-120 that seems to trigger it.

1 Like

@LxR no worries at all, no inconvenience! Great to hear you’re up and running, and I should have spotted the missing dot in the phoneme for the Wake Word.

Hi

I am having the same issue. I have installed Mycroft through Git on my Raspbian. I get the reply when i start mycroft in debug or cli mode but wake word doesnt work. I have checked my mic and audio and its configured fine. Please help!

Hey @businessclimber just to confirm, did you burn the picroft image to an SDcard using something like Etcher? This is the best way to install Picroft - it ensures dependencies are installed.
Best, Kathy

Thanks @KathyReid for the response. Installation from picroft image is working fine however the problem is that this version works in CLI mode. I need the Desktop GUI to load other web application on startup along with mycroft. I changed the boot option to Desktop Auto login but it didnt work. It gives all kind of run time errors. Hence i thought to install it through git on my raspbian. Mycroft was installed fine without any error but mic and audio doesnt seems to work. Mycroft works only when i type in the question and it gives a reply back on the terminal/CLI. It doesnt respond to the wake word. I tested the mic and speakers with arecord and aplay command by creating and playing a test.wav file.

I am very new to raspberry and python and i am trying hard to understand and resolve this issue. Any help would be highly appreciable.

Thanks

@businessclimber - what errors do you get when you try to boot using Desktop Auto login?

It doesnt give any error but it doesnt react to the wake word.

So, if I understand correctly, you’ve booted in CLI mode, AND it doesn’t react to the Wake Word? If that’s correct, can you show me your log files? If you’ve installed enclosure-picroft from git, I’m not sure where these will be, but possibly in var/log/mycroft*.

In particular, the mycroft-audio.log and mycroft-speech.log will be useful.

Kind regards,
Kathy

@businessclimber If you install mycroft-core via git, you should see the logs under mycroft-core/scripts/logs/mycroft-*.log. Try installing mycroft via apt with these instructions, but instead of the last command, sudo apt-get install mycroft-core, run sudo apt-get install mycroft-picroft, which will download both mycroft-core and any other components (for now, just the wifi setup client).

Hi @kathy and @Wolfgange

I have reinstalled mycroft through git in raspbian. I could start the program in debug mode and can see the reply (screenshot attached below). However its not responding to my wake word.
Here are the links to the log files for your reference.

mycroft-audio- https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0EimLMHZMrFdDZ4QmlVUHdtdGs

mycroft-voice - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0EimLMHZMrFMXRKbV9SaVJWbVk

Please find some more screenshots which might be useful

mycroft-core in debug mode

Many Thanks in advance.

So, the problem seems to be the following error:

IOError: [Errno -9997] Invalid sample rate

Make sure the “sample_rate” field on https://home.mycroft.ai/ in settings -> advanced settings is set to 16000. To make sure this isn’t ever a problem, the sample rate will soon become a drop down menu on the web interface, but this hasn’t been deployed yet.

It is already set to 16000

Hmm, what microphone are you using?

I am using a USB sound card for both mic and audio

I resolved the issue and now its working fine. Thanks for all the help.

How did you resolve it? I’m having problems too