Testing and feedback Standbymonitor

How to install Standbymonitor

configured in Skill Settings.

• the skill supports the following methods to set:xset dpms force,7 Zoll pi Display,DLP2000,tvservice,vcgencmd,CEC. you can set the time delay and deaktivate automode

How to test Standbymonitor

Specify the steps the user should take to test the Skill, such as;

• Configure the Skill Settings in home.mycroft.ai
  • “Monitor activate”
  • “Monitor deaktivate”
  • “Monitor automatic”

the skill turns on your monitor which turns off if there is no voice input for some time.
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to test all of the methods so far because I don’t have the hardware. the skill is written very quickly and depending on the feedback I will perfect the skill.

Where feedback on Standbymonitor should be directed a

Be clear about how feedback on the Skill should be provided, such as through Issues on GitHub, via email or via Mycroft Chat.

hello I could someone test my Mark 1 option in my skill. Select mark 1 under home.mycroft in the skill properties. if I did everything correctly, the mark 1 should be very dark and wake up at wakeword. unfortunately I don’t have a mark 1 to test it myself

Hey Andreas,

You can detect known platforms for mycroft through the device configuration. You need to import this specially:

from mycroft.configuration import Configuration

Then in your Skill do something like:

def initialize(self):
        config = Configuration.get()
        platform = config.get('enclosure').get('platform')
        self.log.info(platform) # will output "mycroft_mark_1"

Unfortunately the mycroft.eyes.* messages don’t seem to be registering, even when called outside of your Skill (at least on the Mark 1 I’m testing on).

I already thought of that too. I actually wanted to be able to make individual settings. I have now set up an automatic mode by default.

as far as mycroft.eyes is that my mistake or a core problem?

Just had another look, and it seems that the eye Message namespace in the Enclosure differs from the Mark 1 Skill.

So mycroft.eyes.default is right but you need to change the other Messages to those listed here:

'enclosure.eyes.on'
'enclosure.eyes.off'
'enclosure.eyes.blink'
'enclosure.eyes.narrow'
'enclosure.eyes.look'
'enclosure.eyes.color'
'enclosure.eyes.level'
'enclosure.eyes.volume'
'enclosure.eyes.spin'
'enclosure.eyes.timedspin'
'enclosure.eyes.reset'
'enclosure.eyes.setpixel'
'enclosure.eyes.fill'

Should add these to the docs…

Edit: For future readers, these will be getting extracted from mycroft-core when we get around to it. So if the link is broken they will be in a dedicated Mark 1 Enclosure repo.

In the skills there’s also the self.enclosure which is an interface to the Mark-1 enclosure API.

self.enclosure.eyes_off()
self.enclosure.mouth_reset()
self.enclosure.eyes_reset()

thank you so i took over please test