The Calendar skill

Can you post the contents of the settings.json file in the calendar skill directory (With the sensitive parts blocked out, of course)

Hummm, in which directory?
On /opt/mycroft/skills/calendar-skill.linuss1 there is no need to blur anything
settings.json

{"__mycroft_skill_firstrun": false}

The other file on this very same location: settingsmeta.yaml

name: Calendar
skillMetadata:
  sections:
    - name: Calendar Location
      fields:
        - type: label
          label: By default, the calendar skill defaults to saving your calendar on your device. However, if you wish to connect to a iCal server, you can select the setting here then fill out the information below. You can also <a href='http://bit.ly/mycroft-calendar-ics'>learn more about ics files.</a>
        - name: server_type
          type: select
          label: Calendar Location
          value: "local"
          options: Locally on the device|local;iCal Server|server
    - name: iCal Login
      fields:
        - type: label
          label: <b>If you selected iCal Server</b> above, fill out the form here, to connect Mycroft to your iCal account. If you wish not to enter this information in here, you can <a href='https://bit.ly/mycroft-calendar-local'>configure the skill on your device</a>
        - name: username
          type: text
          label: Username
          value: ""
        - name: password
          type: password
          label: Password
        - name: port
          type: number
          label: Password
        - name: server_address
          type: text
          label: address

On ~/.mycroft/skills/Calendar there isn’t any file at all.

Where I put the configuration was in ~/.mycroft/calendar-skill.linuss1 with this content

username: <MY_NEXTCLOUD_USERNAME>
password: <MY_NEXTCLOUD_PASSWORD>
server_address: <MY_NEXTCLOUD_URL>
port: 443

It makes any sense for you?

Okay, try putting the configuration that you entered (in ~/.mycroft/calendar-skill.linuss1) into a file, with the same name at ~/.mycroft/skills/Calendar and deleting the other.
Then try rebooting to make sure the changes take affect.

If that doesn’t work, delete the configuration files that you created (~/.mycroft/skills/Calendar) and try configuring with Mycroft home. Make sure you click the save button and then say “configuration update” to pull the settings down. Then check /opt/mycroft/skills/calendar-skill.linuss1/settings.json to see if your information was pulled down. (post that file here).

Using PiCroft (Buster Keaton - Pork Pi) (MyCroft Core 20.2.2 Master)

This Forum has been most helpful. Here are the steps I’ve isolated so far:

msm install https://github.com/LinusS1/calendar-skill.git works great.
msm --latest install https://github.com/LinusS1/calendar-skill.git also works.

The install took almost 20 minutes for me, but it eventually finished. Start it and walk away, watch a movie, whatever. When you come back it will be finished.

However, it is incomplete. You will need to run: pip install CalDav before, if you want to be able to use a CalDav server (like NextCloud) this also takes some time. Be patient.

Now I’ve got it running and configured. Edit /opt/mycroft/skills/calendar-skill.linuss1/settingsmeta.yaml AND /opt/mycroft/skills/calendar-skill.linuss1/settings.json with your server connection info. REBOOT.

After it comes up, you can test:

1. What’s on my Calendar? --fails
  2. Add event Test today at 2pm. --fails
  3. Manually add event Test to your calendar at 2pm.
  4. Add event Test today at 2pm. --passes

Proves that it can connect to the CalDav server, but can’t do anything with it.

Here are the relevant logs:

01:38:54.757 | INFO | 680 | Calendar | Calendar skill new event: date: 2020-05-04 21:00:00 event: test
01:38:54.888 | ERROR | 680 | mycroft.skills.mycroft_skill.mycroft_skill:on_error:799 | An error occurred while processing a request in Calendar
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/mycroft-core/mycroft/skills/mycroft_skill/event_container.py”, line 66, in wrapper
handler(message)
File “/opt/mycroft/skills/calendar-skill.linuss1/init.py”, line 192, in handle_add_appoint
c.events.append(e)
AttributeError: ‘set’ object has no attribute ‘append’

Urk… I just got up a nextcloud server specifically to make use of this skill… I hope it gets updated soon!

Hey all, I’ll look into this. If you could also create issues on GitHub, that would be very helpful, because that’s where I spend most of my day lol.

1 Like

Hi all. What’s the latest on this? Looking for a caldav skill…

Hi, this skill got removed?