The Machine Learning Team

I’m following this project because I want to use it for my Star Wars BB-8 Build: http://sacramentobb8builders.club/

Currently running Python/OpenCV atm.

I also am interested in some fringe elements of AI/ML that I want to incorporate into my side project: www.beaconsafety.co - working on getting some more advanced stuff for the platform.

1 Like

Hi guys
I know yours asking for developers and programmers with unfortunately I know skills in either but keen to help in other ways ! Don’t have much working knowledge of AI willing to learn all I can and hopefully pick up some programming skills along the way.
This is an amazing opertunity show case the power of the open source community, what are the likely implications for the community as a hole when/if mycroft wins :wink:
Found a use for me! i gave my voice to the mimic project :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Hello all, my name is Alexander

I am very interested in helping out. I have about 2 years of experience in various machine learning applications, mostly centered around natural language processing and vision software. I have spent the last year developing vision object detection and localization neural nets for a robotics team. I know TensorFlow very well and I know many methods of training nerual nets for various purposes including NLP, vision and prediction / planning. I know all major programming languages including Java, C++, Python, C, .NET and more.

Aside from machine learning, I am proficient in gentoo, debian and red hat linux. I have done system administration jobs for the past 3 or so years managing small server systems such as websites and forums.

I would love to help in any way I can!

1 Like

That’s amazing to hear from you guys @Craig_Merry, @Ubuntu_padawan and @Robo. We are on researching phase for our OpenSTT project and you are more than welcome to participate. Until now, we’ve been experimenting with Kaldi and its NN models TED and LibriSpeech. We are also starting to work on other ML projects very soon and you might be interested in joining them as well.

I’ll send an invitation to you all to join our chat platform so we can keep a closer contact.

Hi jdorleans thabks for the invite will have look and see if there is any i could help with

Hi i am very interested in this project, and specifically that it will integrate into Ubuntu phone and desktop. I have a background in making an AIML chatbot in python in ubuntu call butlerbot. the code is here… https://github.com/betzelelgalut i was able to get it to open programs from teh intereactive chat shell in the bash terminal. however, it moved on from that project in light of UIMA, and other projects which caught my interest. i have had some experience with python, and java. mostly i prefer python as it runs leaner than java does, and a bit easier to code for.

Hey, I’m also up for some coding! I’m a C and C++ developer with 4 years experience in Autonomos Cars. Nothing to do with text, but I’m a software architect and I know a thing or two about good code structure.
Looking forward to helping out.

1 Like

Hi, I have a PhD in Computational Science and Informatics (Computational Statistics), and have developed and extended several machine learning methods through my research. I don’t have a huge amount of free time, but am willing to contribute and evaluate methodology as well as do some coding.

One issue that might be out-of-scope is the intent parser. Right now, it’s just a multinomial likelihood ratio, with some comments about improving it some day. I don’t think this method will get you beyond the “command line / text adventure” approach to voice queries. I have no issue with some sort of likelihood ratio approach, but the keyword parameterization is severely limited beyond just creating a proof-of-concept.

The next time I have some free time I’ll do a bit of a lit review and try to put together an alternative intent parser, probably written in R or C. Is there any documentation on interfaces between the STT -> Intent Parser -> TTS?

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi Jonathan,
Linagora is an open-source company located in France. We are developing hubl.in (https://hubl.in/) the open-source video conference service. We are working on STT to add new features such as real-time recommendation, automatic summary or subtitles. We are also working on Kaldi and developping models for English, French and Arabic languages. Perhaps we may collaborate ?
By the way I will be in ICML this month in NYC, will you be also ? perhaps we can talk ?
Jean-Pierre
Innovation director at Linagora
@jplorre

2 Likes

@jplorre yes! Let’s see if we can collaborate. I’ll PM you along with @jdorleans.

I’d be interested in helping where I can.

I work as a lead visual designer at Canonical on Ubuntu Touch/Desktop, and in my spare time am playing with machine learning. I’ve got roughly a year of experience with Caffe, currently learning Tensorflow.

I have an Amazon Echo Dot- I think the hardware is great and my kids love it (mostly for jokes and Spotify), but I find the software integrations very limiting. I am also hoping we can come up with accurate speech recognition that runs completely on the device instead of the cloud, on current (or near future) mobile GPUs. Shrinking model sizes with pruning and quantizing weights to 8 bit looks promising for mobile use.We also need better CUDA alternatives for mobile GPUs. Has anyone looked at Vulkan/SPIR-V for deep learning? This implements some basic deep learning on Metal (and their paper has pointers for doing the same with SPIR-V) - http://deeplearningkit.org/

On the hardware side I think we also need readily available array microphones (and OSS drivers that do beamforming) for far-field audio. Has anyone found a source for affordable MEMS array mics?

You might be interested in this - It’s based on Kaldi but has its own CTC implementation

6 Likes

I’m experienced with javascript, and did a couple of hobby projects in python, java and c. Not much experienced with ML - familiar with basic concepts like linear/logistic regression. Would love to contribute.

This is awesome project! I have experience in python, C, and Java, and I have about 2 years of experience in ML, most of which is in text NLP. In the past I’ve experimented a bit with theano and currently I’m learning TensorFlow. I would love to contribute.

Greg

I have worked on C/C++ for close to 3 years professionally. Currently pursuing graduate studies and working on an R&D project trying to control an IoT hub through Voice commands. No experience in ML or AI. However, have experience developing API’s. Would love to contribute! Adaptable to new programming languages and technologies too.

Hi

I’ve got many years of experience in development (web, application and IoT) but my main interest in machine learning and AI is the idea of building emotional intelligence into machines.

Computers are great at computation, analysis and have an extremely high level or logical intelligence (IQ), but at present very low (EQ) and its EQ that would enable a machine to interact with a human and have that person enjoy the interaction.

Now in order for a computer to know whether an interaction with a person is fulfilling that person’s requirement for social interaction, the computer would need sensors. Our sensors are sight, hearing, touch and intuition. At present MyCroft only has sound (we speak to it) or typed text by which to guage our response, but we could add sight with the use of OpenCV

In any case, give it more sensors and it could guage our response and tailor it’s interaction to better suit our need.

I’m rambling… hope I can be of use.

Regards
Heinz

I’m currently in my last year of Undergraduate Software Engineering degree. I have some work experience on developing data analysis application, using ML for prediction. Plus some research experience on Reinforcement Learning and Computer Vision.

I’m very interested in creating machines that we can interact with almost effortlessly. My experience includes C#, C++, Python and Java. I’d love to contribute.

Thanks,
Dai

Hey @jdorleans,

I just learned about your project on Coder Radio EP 217 with @ryanleesipes and would love to help out. I develop in Java and Python in my day job and I am doing the GATech OMSCS part-time where I have taken some ML and knowledge-based AI classes.

Let me know how I can contribute!

Steve

1 Like

Hi,

I’m in 2nd year Master degree in Electrical Engineering.
I’m working on a smart home project which uses voice to control thought IoT.
I have done a face recognition project on TensorFlow.

I’m very fond with Mycroft.

I would love to contribute.

Trung.

Hi, I’m a iOS & Python programer from China. Thanks.

Hi,

I’m a Linux System Architect working in India. I’m currently pursuing a Machine Learning NanoDegree from Udacity. Is there any project related to Machine Learning in Mycroft that I could work on as part of my capstone project for my nanodegree?

Details: https://www.udacity.com/course/machine-learning-engineer-nanodegree--nd009

Thanks