Timer Skill Not Working

Please forgive me ahead of time if this is a simple fix; I am a new user.

I have Picroft installed on a Raseberry PI 3 and cannot get the timer skill to work (I have spoken the exact commands).

Every other basic command (weather, reminders, wiki, alarms, jokes, etc.) all work without issue.

The only issue I can see is that there is not a “skilled installed” green check mark on the skill in the marketplace. I know the skill is installed by asking with the wake word and checking through the command line. And I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Am I overlooking something?

Are there any entries in the skills.log file about the timer skill?

I looked through the log. This seems to be the relevant section:

2022-01-08 04:37:36.967 | INFO | 690 | mycroft.skills.skill_loader:load:185 | ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: mycroft-timer.mycroftai
2022-01-08 04:37:37.037 | INFO | 690 | mycroft.skills.settings:get_local_settings:83 | /home/pi/.config/mycroft/skills/mycroft-timer.mycroftai/settings.json
2022-01-08 04:37:37.493 | ERROR | 690 | mycroft.skills.skill_loader:_create_skill_instance:313 | Skill initialization failed with AttributeError("‘dict’ object has no attribute ‘index’")
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/mycroft-core/mycroft/skills/skill_loader.py”, line 307, in _create_skill_instance
self.instance.initialize()
File “/opt/mycroft/skills/mycroft-timer.mycroftai/init.py”, line 67, in initialize
self._reset_timer_index()
File “/opt/mycroft/skills/mycroft-timer.mycroftai/init.py”, line 895, in _reset_timer_index
self.active_timers, key=lambda timer: timer.index
File “/opt/mycroft/skills/mycroft-timer.mycroftai/init.py”, line 895, in
self.active_timers, key=lambda timer: timer.index
AttributeError: ‘dict’ object has no attribute ‘index’

For anyone else reading this post, I found a work-around. According to Github, the current version of this skill is 21.08. I SSHed into my PI and manually deleted the files from the skill folder. I then downloaded version 20.08 from Github and replaced the files. After a restart, works like a charm now.

A problem with the latest version perhaps? I don’t know jack when it comes to coding; I just screw around with things until they work

2 Likes

latest is 21.02. I would guess this is a result of your core not being up to date. Or you added code yourself (to the timer skill), with the result not being able to update this skill.

I assumed the core was up to date. It was a fresh install and I downloaded the most up to date disk image.

Its should be fresh installation.