Unable to get the registeration code?

In a few moments you will see the contents of the speech log. Hit
Ctrl+C to stop showing the log and return to the Linux command line.
Mycroft will continue running in the background for voice interaction.

Initializing…
Starting cli
10:47:55.186 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:124 - DEBUG - Configuration /home/pi/mycroft-core/mycroft/configuration/mycroft.conf loaded
10:47:55.349 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:124 - DEBUG - Configuration /home/pi/mycroft-core/mycroft/configuration/mycroft.conf loaded
10:47:55.508 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:124 - DEBUG - Configuration /etc/mycroft/mycroft.conf loaded
10:47:55.668 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:129 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/home/pi/.mycroft/mycroft.conf’ not found
10:47:55.682 - urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (1): api.mycroft.ai:443
10:47:55.857 - mycroft.api:is_paired:386 - WARNING - Could not get device infO: ConnectionError(MaxRetryError(“HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.mycroft.ai’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/device/ (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75e7d750>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution’,))”,),)
10:47:56.017 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:124 - DEBUG - Configuration /var/tmp/mycroft_web_cache.json loaded
10:47:56.176 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:124 - DEBUG - Configuration /etc/mycroft/mycroft.conf loaded
10:47:56.334 - mycroft.configuration.config:load_local:129 - DEBUG - Configuration ‘/home/pi/.mycroft/mycroft.conf’ not found

i am getting this error on my first boot
this is my first time with mycroft please help i havent got the registeration code.

The conf file not found isn’t a big deal. The failure in name resolution, though, will cause some problems. Is it connected to the internet?

Hi Learning_Champ, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear there was a hiccup on the first run. Did the CLI interface for Mycroft successfully launch or did it return you to the normal Linux command line?

To get a full copy of your logs, you can run the following command that will read the contents of the file and upload it to termbin.com. It will then give you a url to access it. It would be good to see your enclosure and skills logs, so can you run:

cat /var/log/mycroft/enclosure.log | nc termbin.com 9999
cat /var/log/mycroft/skills.log | nc termbin.com 9999

Then drop the links here for us to take a look?

2020-11-20 13:58:47.963 | WARNING | 983 | mycroft.api:check_remote_pairing:531 | Could not get device info: ConnectionError(MaxRetryError(“HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.mycroft.ai’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/device/c25d4eed-d513-4072-bdb2-e482d8bc3a6e (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7fe613daeca0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution’))”))

I’m having this same problem when I try to start mycroft during bootup as described in the Linux installation instructions.

My termbin links are
https://termbin.com/rngob
https://termbin.com/8frc

When I start from the command “./start-mycroft.sh all” everything is fine.

My guess is that the boot process is prohibited from accessing the internet, but I don’t have an idea where to begin attacking the problem.

Thank you for any ideas.

Verify you can connect to https://api.mycroft.ai from the host you’re trying to pair (curl/wget/browser, should give you a token not found error).

Mycroft connects just fine when I start it from the command line. For the moment I am starting it from my .profile file so it starts when I log in.

I believe this means I am connecting to https://api.mycroft.ai.

I tried asking the mycroft service to wait until NetworkManager starts, but it didn’t work.

[Unit]
Description=Mycroft AI
After=pulseaudio.service
After=NetworkManager.service

add a sleep command to the startup perhaps?

Nice idea, but I’m not sure how to add a sleep command to systemd. I’ve solve the problem by including the startup command in my .profile. It works and I’m the only person using the computer.

Thank you both!

1 Like