Unable to use mymqttskills

Hello guys. I’m new to Mycroft and this is my first post.

I’m currently trying to use the MQTT skills provided by JamieHoward430 here. Before I try make major change in the init.py, I tried running the skills and when I say ‘turn the light_switch on’ (note that light_switch is the name of my actual device. I have also edited the host/broker, the name in the intent file and pretty much everything that is needed to connect to my broker.), it would reply;

The command turn off for light_switch was not understood by my m q t t.
The module light_switch doesn't exist.
The module light_switch is not found. Error 404.
The m q t t rejected me for turn on the light_switch.

May I know what’s causing this? Tried scouring the net for answer or possible solutions but found none. And please let me know if I’m not being clear or not providing enough information. I’ll gladly provide more. And sorry if my English is not too good as English is not my mother language. Thank you in advance everyone!

The information is actually a bit low. Which operating system? Which MQTT broker? Which end devices? Which firmware?
I have seen it missing for example the settingsmeta.yaml in the repository of Jamie’s mycroft-mymqtt. However, in the init.py information is retrieved from the setting or replaced hard coded (lines 17-21). Does the data match your configuration. Which firmaware is running on your endpoints? If you are using Tasmota, maybe my skill will help you, which I wrote based on jamiehowards430 script (GitHub - JoergZ2/my-tasmota-de-skill: The skill communicates with tasmota firmware on esp-8266 devices by mqtt especially in german.). My native language is German. So I focused on German commands and a few peculiarities of the German language. Maybe you take a look at it. While I haven’t tested it very intensively in English, I hope it works well.
Regardless of my skill you should test if you can control your MQTT devices via terminal commands e.g. with

mosquitto_pub -h <192.168.178.XXX> -t cmnd/light_switch/Power -m 1

This command would turn on the light on a device programmed with Tasmota’s firmware.