Update Broke Mycroft

Running on Kubuntu 16.04.

During update process, Mycroft stops during installation and I have to press ctl-c to stop it, even if left for hours.

It gets frozen at this point:

CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_01_params.lo
CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_08_durmodel.lo
CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_10_durmodel.lo
CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_mcep_trees.lo
CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_params.lo

When I press ctl-c, the following info appears:

Makefile:3888: recipe for target ‘lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_params.lo’ failed
make[1]: *** [lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_params.lo] Error 1
Makefile:3853: recipe for target ‘lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_01_mcep_trees.lo’ failed
make[1]: *** [lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_01_mcep_trees.lo] Error 1
Makefile:3881: recipe for target ‘lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_mcep_trees.lo’ failed
make[1]: *** [lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_mcep_trees.lo] Error 1
Makefile:3860: recipe for target ‘lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_01_params.lo’ failed
make[1]: *** [lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_01_params.lo] Error 1
Makefile:4111: recipe for target ‘all-recursive’ failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Interrupt

The computer CPU usage goes high, and the temperature reaches 82C while trapped in the loop.

In short, can’t install after the upgrade.

–m010

Disk space full?
Not enough memory?

Just two possible ideas…

Over 12 gb free in disk. Memory is fine, machine never got to over 30% of it used (it’s a core i5 with 8 gb RAM).

I think i had the same problem. The update installs and builds local Mimic which is hundreds of MB download and long build time.

When you do not want to use Mimic-TTS (old “Alan Pope” voice) the you can try to run dev_setup.sh -sm - this should skip the Mimic install during the Mycroft update process…

Building mimic isn’t very fast. Using the -sm or telling the setup script to skip it and using mimic2 might be better. Odd it’s taking hours for that, unless you’re using it for multiple things while it’s compiling.

Ah, that was it. It was over 2.5 hours (watched a full movie in a different computer) and was stuck on it. I had my suspicions about Mimic. I could spare the HD for it, but not for now, I need the computer for other things. This is a very old core i5.

Is there a way to install Mimic locally after, if I skip it during the install?

I’ll try to re-install Mycroft later today, once the machine is idle. Thank you all.

You can clone mimic repo and start the build when it’s convenient. https://github.com/MycroftAI/mimic
I’m not aware of any pre-packaged versions.

Well it’s working fine now. At first it failed to recognize the installed skills, but I just installed one (and uninstalled it), and it was back to normal. I had to pair it again, though, since I did a full reinstall.

1 Like