Update Broke Mycroft

Running on Kubuntu 16.04.

During update process, Mycroft stops during installation and I have to press ctl-c to stop it, even if left for hours.

It gets frozen at this point:

CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_01_params.lo
CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_08_durmodel.lo
CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_10_durmodel.lo
CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_mcep_trees.lo
CC lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_params.lo

When I press ctl-c, the following info appears:

Makefile:3888: recipe for target ā€˜lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_params.loā€™ failed
make[1]: *** [lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_params.lo] Error 1
Makefile:3853: recipe for target ā€˜lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_01_mcep_trees.loā€™ failed
make[1]: *** [lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_01_mcep_trees.lo] Error 1
Makefile:3881: recipe for target ā€˜lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_mcep_trees.loā€™ failed
make[1]: *** [lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_12_mcep_trees.lo] Error 1
Makefile:3860: recipe for target ā€˜lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_01_params.loā€™ failed
make[1]: *** [lang/vid_gb_ap/libttsmimic_lang_vid_gb_ap_la-vid_gb_ap_cg_01_params.lo] Error 1
Makefile:4111: recipe for target ā€˜all-recursiveā€™ failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Interrupt

The computer CPU usage goes high, and the temperature reaches 82C while trapped in the loop.

In short, canā€™t install after the upgrade.

ā€“m010

Disk space full?
Not enough memory?

Just two possible ideasā€¦

Over 12 gb free in disk. Memory is fine, machine never got to over 30% of it used (itā€™s a core i5 with 8 gb RAM).

I think i had the same problem. The update installs and builds local Mimic which is hundreds of MB download and long build time.

When you do not want to use Mimic-TTS (old ā€œAlan Popeā€ voice) the you can try to run dev_setup.sh -sm - this should skip the Mimic install during the Mycroft update processā€¦

Building mimic isnā€™t very fast. Using the -sm or telling the setup script to skip it and using mimic2 might be better. Odd itā€™s taking hours for that, unless youā€™re using it for multiple things while itā€™s compiling.

Ah, that was it. It was over 2.5 hours (watched a full movie in a different computer) and was stuck on it. I had my suspicions about Mimic. I could spare the HD for it, but not for now, I need the computer for other things. This is a very old core i5.

Is there a way to install Mimic locally after, if I skip it during the install?

Iā€™ll try to re-install Mycroft later today, once the machine is idle. Thank you all.

You can clone mimic repo and start the build when itā€™s convenient. https://github.com/MycroftAI/mimic
Iā€™m not aware of any pre-packaged versions.

Well itā€™s working fine now. At first it failed to recognize the installed skills, but I just installed one (and uninstalled it), and it was back to normal. I had to pair it again, though, since I did a full reinstall.

1 Like