Play Music from a USB device with Mycroft.ai
Play local music by inserting a USB drive into your Mycroft device. Upon Inserting a USB Device Mycroft
will scan the device for MP3 music and add it to a temporary library that you can play.
If autoplay is enabled in the websettings then the usb music will begin playing imediatly when inserted.
Unplugging the usb will automatically stop and unmount the device.
- “play the artist elvis Presley”
- “play all shook up”
- “play the song blue suede shoes”
- “play the album appeal to reason”
- PCWii (20200709 Covid-19 Project)
- Some elements borrowed from https://github.com/Preston-Sundar/RaspberryPi-Pyudev-Usb-Storage-Detector/blob/master/usbdev.py
‘#music, #usb, #mycroft.ai, #python, #skills, #mp3, #CPS’
Tested on platform_picroft (others untested)
- SSH and run: msm install https://github.com/pcwii/usb-music.git
- Add “next/previous” commands
- Add “random” selection
- Add thumbnails for display
- I have only tested this on picroft so feedback on other devices is very much welcome.
- provide feedback in this Topic
- provide feedback in github