Wake word issues

I’m having issues with wakeword. I run several instances of Mycroft, several on a raspberry pi, and several more on different flavors of Linux. I am on the latest development version, but I cannot get my wakeword to work. The mic test script works with my microphone, but the wakeword will not. I do not see any errors in the logs. Is there anything anybody suggests?

Custom wake word or “hey mycroft”? If custom, using pocketsphinx or precise?

I’ve tried both. I had one using a custom wake word which used pocketsphinx, that didn’t work anymore, it used to, so I reset it to use hey Mycroft with a fresh install and still doesn’t work

Can you check the voice.log in /var/log/mycroft/ and see if it has anything relevant?

I just don’t see anything in any logs.

This is my setup

• Linux Mint
  • mycroft-core 19.2.11 dev branch
  • Logitech USB mic

It has always worked with this mic, and the mycroft-mic-test works just fine.

These are the only thing I see in voice.log

Exception in thread Thread-16:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/threading.py”, line 916, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/threading.py”, line 864, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File “/home/jbrodie/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/precise_runner/runner.py”, line 197, in _handle_predictions
prob = self.engine.get_prediction(chunk)
File “/home/jbrodie/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/precise_runner/runner.py”, line 64, in get_prediction
self.proc.stdin.flush()
BrokenPipeError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Exception in thread Thread-24:
self.run()
File “/home/jbrodie/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/precise_runner/runner.py”, line 197, in _handle_predictions
File “/home/jbrodie/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/precise_runner/runner.py”, line 65, in get_prediction
return float(self.proc.stdout.readline())
ValueError: could not convert string to float:

Exception in thread Thread-30:
self.run()
File “/home/jbrodie/mycroft-core/.venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/precise_runner/runner.py”, line 64, in get_prediction
self.proc.stdin.flush()

Exception in thread Thread-36:
self.run()
self.proc.stdin.flush()

can you upload the whole thing (as text, never as a screenshot) to termbin or somewhere?

This is the termbin link.

I have no clue

Looks like precise fails somehow along the way there. Guessing it repeats? Not sure why it’s failing, though.

@baconator, after some more searching and even another fresh install, i found this that was solved in this post in the forums. I am running an old AMD Sempron™ Processor LE-1250. I believe this solves my issue.

Thank you

2 Likes