Welcome to the Mycroft Community

We look forward to hearing from everyone! :grin:

2 Likes

Nice to see that we bet on the right project :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A very lovely introduction! I am new to the community and hope to make relevant contributions.!

1 Like

Nice work guys…
keep it up…
regards.

1 Like

I bought my mark a few months ago. I didn’t have time to play with it, but I would like to use more of it.

Is there a release schedule for updates?

Is there how to page?

Can I add skills to it that I wrote?

You can find docs on the mycroft right here. Release schedule for update is biweekly, usually on thursdays. You should expect a new update this thursday. To allow other people to install your skills either using MSM (mycroft skills manager) or the install skills skill, you can do a pull request on this repo, to add your skill on there.

Hope this helps!

Really love the incredible project!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I found out about Mycroft through the Plexpod community in KC. I work for a global health organization called Partners In Health that provides healthcare, engages in health system strengthening activities, educates and trains health workers, and co-develops and implements open source electronic medical record systems (EMR) in low and middle income countries.

The platform we use for EMR is called OpenMRS. Users include country governments, NGOs, and private hospital systems. The platform is used in over 60 countries, with millions of patient records. One of the biggest challenges in moving from a “retrospective” to a “point-of-care” data collection model is the burden and interruption of workflow to clinicians who are already burdened with paperwork. In many countries, the government requires paperwork and the EMR data is supplemental.

I hope that somewhere out in the OpenMRS ecosystem, there is someone who would want to test Mycroft AI running on the same laptop or tablet that is running their EMR application. My organization is not positioned to do this yet, because the locations where we work are too rural and internet bandwidth is a constraint. But I hope that this idea might catch someone’s idea, and might take hold somewhere else in the world.

Please feel free to reach out for more information or you can join the OpenMRS community directly if you are a developer who is looking for an opportunity to begin the discussion about integrating voice with health data.

1 Like

Hello to the group. I just purchased a donation for the Mark-II unit, and I also downloaded and installed the core to a Linux workstation to satisfy my impatience and learn more while I’m waiting for the Mark-II unit.

I know only a little bit about coding in general, but I’m looking forward to learning how to build my first Skill.
The Skill I’m hoping to build is the ability for the Ai to go to a monitoring web site and report back the values in a given frame.

I have solar panels on my home, they are grid-tied through a Solar Edge inverter which communicates data to their web site. That web site has a “public” view web page with the current statistics on my Solar Energy system.

https://monitoringpublic.solaredge.com/solaredge-web/p/kiosk?guid=3d71e75a-b8cb-48ef-8d00-6f36fd077737

I’m looking forward to seeing how far I can get. Wish me luck!

~Eric

5 Likes

Great Job Guys…
Well Done

Hi, I ma José (jrd10) from France.
Great project, congratulations :slight_smile:

Not (still) a user. I will see if I can contribute in French.

Use MyCroft with Ubuntu and soon with RPi 3+ :).

Best Regards, jrd10
tricassinux.org

First of all congrats i’m passionate for AI and this project is fantastic hope to contribute…i’m italian :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow… I don’t even know what to say… This is by far the most confusing application/program I’ve seen on linux. I mean, there’s no application or gui to interact with, and there’s no real way to bring it up besides using the command line by typing it into the terminal. By the way, you can’t even register your device to your account. As in there’s no links, proper documentation, or anything that links to registering your Mycroft.

Hi Nosaga, welcome to the community.

I think you’re right, and it’s one of the reasons why we aren’t focusing on desktop right now. It’s still great for development purposes, and for some people it’s the only way they use Mycroft, but there’s a lot of work required before I’d call it a real desktop product. For now the focus is on the Mark II where we can provide a complete end-to-end experience including guided graphical setup.

In terms of documentation, there’s plenty of it, but I’m assuming not in the right place at the right time. Here’s a basic setup process if you’re still having trouble:

2 Likes

Hello. Happy to read about progress!

I subscribed for a MARK II many time ago, as a kickstarter on january 2018. … but still received anything and any new! Shall I receive a Mark II, as I hope, now that production starts?

Two years ago I tried use Mycroft on Linux, I can’t. But now I think it’s possible, bot not!

Summary

gg@lenovo:~$ sudo snap install mycroft --beta
mycroft (beta) 20.2.4-16-g3651bdcca9 from Mycroft AI (mycroft-devs) installed
gg@lenovo:~$ mycroft
Gtk-Message: 10:55:31.136: Failed to load module “appmenu-gtk-module”
Creating virtualenv in /home/gg/snap/mycroft/common/venv
Gtk-Message: 10:55:34.725: Failed to load module “appmenu-gtk-module”
Gtk-Message: 10:55:36.011: Failed to load module “appmenu-gtk-module”
sed: can’t read /home/gg/snap/mycroft/common/venv/lib/python3.?/site-packages/pip/_internal/utils/misc.py: No such file or directory
Gtk-Message: 10:55:45.344: Failed to load module “appmenu-gtk-module”
2022-01-10 10:58:09.799 | INFO | 9404 | mycroft.messagebus.load_config:load_message_bus_config:33 | Loading message bus configs
2022-01-10 10:58:09.807 | INFO | 9404 | mycroft.client.text.text_client:load_settings:189 | Ignoring failed load of settings file
Stopping all processes…
mycroft-enclosure-client: no process found
mycroft-speech-client: no process found
Stopped
gg@lenovo:~$ mycroft --help
2022-01-10 13:04:27.351 | INFO | 10562 | mycroft.messagebus.load_config:load_message_bus_config:33 | Loading message bus configs
Stopping all processes…
mycroft-enclosure-client: no process found
mycroft-speech-client: no process found
Stopped

Hi,

Not sure you picked the right topic to discuss about the snap issue. :sweat_smile:

According to the official documentation, the snap doesn’t work:

The Snap package is considered a pre-Alpha release - in short it does not yet work. It has a number of known major usability issues listed below.

You could try to follow the instructions for Linux or try to use the Docker images, the official or the ones I built.

Feel free to open new topics or join the chat :slight_smile:

1 Like
rokejulianlockhart@RQN6C6:~> sudo snap install mycroft --beta
[sudo] password for root: 
error: snap "mycroft" not found
rokejulianlockhart@RQN6C6:~>