Where are the clock and learning options after reset? ;-(

Hi forum, starting and register Mycroft the first time I enable the options “clock” and “learning”. And Mycroft had showing the clock in rest breaks. Then I had to make a factory reset. And now after a new registration I can not find this options anymore. My Mycroft have
CORE VERSION INSTALLED 18.2.6
ENCLOSURE VERSION INSTALLED 1.4.0
Located in Cologne/Germany

Any solutions?

Best
Timo

Hi @timelock, thanks for providing great diagnostic information.

Show clock on idle

This is a setting in ‘Skills’ in home.mycroft.ai:
Screenshot%20from%202018-05-25%2000-47-03

Learning

I’m not exactly sure what you mean by this Timo, I think you mean Opting in to the learning dataset - which is under Your Name → Settings in home.mycroft.ai.

Hi Kathy, Thanks for your feedback. I have connected Mycroft with the internet via wlan , opened an account at home.mycroft.ai, connected Mycroft as the devices. But under “Skills” there is no longer a setting for the clock. I only get this informations: Configure your skills:
To get more skills, just tell Mycroft to install a skill
LIST OF SKILLS
Alternatively, install skills via the command line from our Skills Repo on GitHub"

I disconnect and reconnect, shut down and start Mycroft again but this does not help.

Mycroft shows his mouth if i call him “hey Mycroft”, but asking him the standart skills like “how is the weather” or “how is the weather in cologne” he answered: please wait a moment as I finished booting up". Only thing i recognize every time between wake up and his answer is a quiet sound like a read head scratching over a CD.

Any ideas what can help?

Best

Timo

Thanks @timo for a great description. What happens if you remove the Device then add the Device again? This means you will need to re-pair the Device.

Hi Kathy, removing, rebooting and add the Device again does not fix the problem.
Mycroft is paired but does not have any answer for me. And the clock option ist not under skills.

Sorry to provide advice that didn’t work @timelock.

This sounds like the mark-1 Skill may need to be reinstalled.

Are you comfortable using ssh to connect to Mark 1?

Mhmmm, I am a dumb Windows user. But I have no problems to try something. Think I have to connect Mycroft via lan cable, have to install a ssh client, have to download the firmeware and upload it to mycroft. If this is right can you recomend a win ssh client freeware and have you some links to download the firmeware and a step by step tutorial?

Best

Timo

ssh client = putty.
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

OK, before going down this path, which seems quite involved, let’s see if we can get the Skill to fix itself. When the Mark 1 reboots, it checks to see if Skills are up to date, and tries to update Skills. If you try 2-3 reboots, does anything change? If not I can provide more information.

Hey Kathy, in the meantime I found someone with linus coding knowledge. The next day he will have one or two hours for me. So if you post me the link to the firmeware and a short discription of the routine for rebuilding Mycroft the coder will do this for me. I dont know if it is important for him but do I need the IP from Mycroft? If yes remember that Mycroft is not talking to me and so I cant ask him for his IP.

Best

Timo

Unfortunately you will need the IP address to be able to connect to the device.

If you can find the IP address, try ssh ing in to the Mark 1 and then running;
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

I can think of a couple ways you might be able to look for the IP address.

If your router is anything like the router/modem my ISP gave me, it shows a list of connected devices (both hardwired and wireless), and you might be able to find it in that list. (If you don’t know your router’s IP address to connect to it, this page lists the defaults for some brands, and a method to look for it if that doesn’t work. Default username/password tends to be admin/admin, if that doesn’t work try leaving one or the other blank, or failing that search it online (default password model_or_brand_here). I once even had a router where the default username was to leave it blank and the password was admin. Yes, weird.)

Also, the antivirus/anti-malware I run (ESET Smart Security, good stuff) has a section called “Connected Home Monitor” that shows what devices it sees on the network, whatever AV product you use may have a similar feature.

when i get similar trouble i run nmap to find the ip address

For non-tech users the app “Fing” on your phone will do the trick just fine.

1 Like

I am also having same problem in my raspberry-pi3 as i am using picroft unstable image. Below the debug mode output.

============================================================================================================================================== mycroft-core 18.2.13 ===

12:55:09.654 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:143 - WARNING - Module mycroft-fallback-duck-duck-go.mycroftai does not appear to be skill
12:55:09.713 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:106 - INFO - ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: mycroft-spelling.mycroftai with ID mycroft-spelling.mycroftai
12:55:09.760 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:143 - WARNING - Module mycroft-spelling.mycroftai does not appear to be skill
12:55:09.786 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:106 - INFO - ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: mycroft-speak.mycroftai with ID mycroft-speak.mycroftai
12:55:09.801 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:143 - WARNING - Module mycroft-speak.mycroftai does not appear to be skill
12:55:11.908 - mycroft.skills.padatious_service:train:72 - INFO - Training... (single_thread=False)
12:55:12.075 - mycroft.skills.padatious_service:train:74 - INFO - Training complete.
Process ForkPoolWorker-8:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/multiprocessing/process.py", line 249, in _bootstrap
self.run()
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/multiprocessing/process.py", line 93, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 108, in worker
task = get()
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 343, in get
res = self._reader.recv_bytes()
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 99, in __exit__
return self._semlock.__exit__(*args)
File "/home/pi/mycroft-core/mycroft/lock/__init__.py", line 69, in __call__
self.__previous_func(signame, sf)
KeyboardInterrupt
12:55:35.275 - mycroft.skills.core:handler:1213 - WARNING - No fallback could handle intent.
12:55:35.285 - __main__:handle_complete_intent_failure:81 - INFO - Failed to find intent.
12:55:44.229 - mycroft.skills.core:handler:1213 - WARNING - No fallback could handle intent.
12:55:44.256 - __main__:handle_complete_intent_failure:81 - INFO - Failed to find intent.
12:55:47.614 - mycroft.skills.core:handler:1213 - WARNING - No fallback could handle intent.
12:55:47.674 - __main__:handle_complete_intent_failure:81 - INFO - Failed to find intent.
12:55:52.325 - __main__:handle_complete_intent_failure:81 - INFO - Failed to find intent.
12:55:52.316 - mycroft.skills.core:handler:1213 - WARNING - No fallback could handle intent.

13:39:32.388 - __main__:handle_wakeword:56 - INFO - Wakeword Detected: hey jarvis
13:39:34.698 - __main__:handle_utterance:61 - INFO - Utterance: ["what's the time"]
13:39:34.799 - __main__:handle_complete_intent_failure:81 - INFO - Failed to find intent.
13:39:34.768 - mycroft.skills.core:handler:1213 - WARNING - No fallback could handle intent.

Below from Cli.
13:42:55.286 - __main__:handle_record_begin:35 - INFO - Begin Recording...
Playing WAVE '/home/pi/mycroft-core/mycroft/res/snd/start_listening.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
13:42:58.180 - __main__:handle_record_end:40 - INFO - End Recording...
13:42:58.189 - __main__:handle_wakeword:56 - INFO - Wakeword Detected: hey jarvis
13:43:01.096 - __main__:handle_utterance:61 - INFO - Utterance: ["what's the time"]
13:43:01.161 - mycroft.skills.core:handler:1213 - WARNING - No fallback could handle intent.
13:43:01.161 - __main__:handle_complete_intent_failure:81 - INFO - Failed to find intent.
  ^--- NEWEST ---^
History ==========================================================================    Log Output Legend ================================================== Mic Level ===
 what's the time                                                                      DEBUG output
 >> Please wait a moment as I finish booting up.                                      skills.log, other
 what's the time                                                                      voice.log
 >> Please wait a moment as I finish booting up.

Below the response from debug mode.

13:44:05.316 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:143 - WARNING - Module mycroft-support-helper.mycroftai does not appear to be skill
13:44:05.337 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:106 - INFO - ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: mycroft-joke.mycroftai with ID mycroft-joke.mycroftai
13:44:05.341 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:143 - WARNING - Module mycroft-joke.mycroftai does not appear to be skill
~~~~.358 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:106 - INFO - ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: mycroft-fallback-duck-duck-go.mycroftai with ID mycroft-fallback-duck-duck-go.mycroftai
13:44:05.364 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:143 - WARNING - Module mycroft-fallback-duck-duck-go.mycroftai does not appear to be skill
13:44:05.379 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:106 - INFO - ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: mycroft-spelling.mycroftai with ID mycroft-spelling.mycroftai
13:44:05.386 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:143 - WARNING - Module mycroft-spelling.mycroftai does not appear to be skill
13:44:05.402 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:106 - INFO - ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: mycroft-speak.mycroftai with ID mycroft-speak.mycroftai
13:44:05.412 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:143 - WARNING - Module mycroft-speak.mycroftai does not appear to be skill
13:44:07.502 - mycroft.skills.padatious_service:train:72 - INFO - Training... (single_thread=False)
13:44:07.636 - mycroft.skills.padatious_service:train:74 - INFO - Training complete.
13:44:31.096 - mycroft.session:get:76 - INFO - New Session Start: 092543b1-184f-468d-8e12-bd7b55838a8a
13:44:31.106 - __main__:handle_record_begin:35 - INFO - Begin Recording...
Playing WAVE '/home/pi/mycroft-core/mycroft/res/snd/start_listening.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
13:44:34.044 - __main__:handle_record_end:40 - INFO - End Recording...
13:44:34.053 - __main__:handle_wakeword:56 - INFO - Wakeword Detected: hey jarvis
13:44:36.719 - __main__:handle_utterance:61 - INFO - Utterance: ["what's the time"]
13:44:36.838 - __main__:handle_complete_intent_failure:81 - INFO - Failed to find intent.
13:44:36.817 - mycroft.skills.core:handler:1213 - WARNING - No fallback could handle intent.
  ^--- NEWEST ---^
History ==========================================================================    Log Output Legend ================================================== Mic Level ===
 what's the time                                                                      DEBUG output
 >> Please wait a moment as I finish booting up.                                      skills.log, other
                                                                                      voice.log

hello,
i was having a similar sort of issue. i was finding solutions and i came across this thread. thank you so much guys for your solutions, it helped me alot.
best regards!!