Will picroft work with the new Raspberry Pi 4?

Hi together,

The official guide from Picroft (https://mycroft.ai/documentation/picroft/) recommends the Raspberry Pi 3 and showing: “supportet”. For a few days, the Raspberry Pi 4 has been made available in different configurations. Is there already experience or official statements in this regard?

I am looking forward to your feedback.

I don’t think there should be any issue, although I don’t have anything official to back up that statement. I have a 4+ 4gb on the way so hopefully I will know in a couple days. Will post back once I’ve tried it out.

RPI4 comes with brand new Debian Buster. To my knowledge Mycroft is not tested on Buster yet.

There might also be some hardware related issues - at least in the beginning - as there were major changes for audio, video and USB on the RPI4.

Yep, Dominik is spot on.

We’re all waiting for our new Pi’s at the moment, and different members of our team individually ordered different versions (1, 2, and 4GB) so we’ll be able to test the performance of Mycroft on each :slight_smile:

Thanks for your informations. I will wait a little bit before buying one ;-). Looking forward to read from someone when he has test it.

Id does NOT work with the Image. But with default raspbian and following the manual approach it works.

(tested with 4GB model)

Mine should be here today as well, 4gb version, i built a buster picroft img following the instructions so may give that a try along with rasbian buster master clone and dietpi buster build. Will post back with anything I find out as well.

My pi4 hasn’t shown up yet, the tracking I believed to be it turned out to be something else :frowning: No idea on delivery now.

What does this mean? In particular the ‘But with default raspbian and following the manual approach it works’ bit. Did you get picroft working? If so could you please describe your method?

Thanks

This means I followed the “MyCroft on Linux” docs instead of using the prebuild PiCroft-Image

I’ve written an install script for raspbian buster that sets everything up including mycroft, spotifyd and pulseaudio. It includes building the systemd scripts to run everything as a service and start at boot. Works well on my rpi3+ and will test it on the pi4+ when it arrives. I will post the script after I’ve cleaned it up a bit and added a few more comments to it. The script is basically a culmination of different sources including some of the picroft scripts.