Yotto USB Microphone works with Mycroft Picrosoft image on Raspberry Pi 4

For what it’s worth, I decided to try one of these:

YOTTO USB Conference Microphone for Computer, 360° Omnidirectional Condenser PC Mic with Mute Key, Plug & Play for Video Conference, Recording, Skype, Online Class, VoIP Calls, Chatting…

Seems to work just fine with Mycroft installed using the Picrosoft image on a Raspberry Pi 4. $19.99 on Amazon. I have a raspy voice due to some nerve damage in childhood, so I have trouble even being understood by humans on the phone or in noisy environments. Mycroft understands almost 100% of what I say, even from 20 feet away, with this microphone.

Shows up in USB-DEVICES as follows:

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#= 3 Spd=12 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=16 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0d8c ProdID=0134 Rev=01.00
S: Manufacturer=FuZhou Kingwayinfo CO.,LTD
S: Product=YOTTO YCM-20 Audio Device
S: SerialNumber=20210107
C: #Ifs= 3 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=100mA
I: If#=0x0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=01(audio) Sub=01 Prot=00 Driver=snd-usb-audio
I: If#=0x1 Alt= 1 #EPs= 1 Cls=01(audio) Sub=02 Prot=00 Driver=snd-usb-audio
I: If#=0x2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=usbhid

2 Likes

Hey there, thanks for reporting your success. I’ve added this to the Picroft documentation in case others are working for a similar style mic.

https://mycroft-ai.gitbook.io/docs/using-mycroft-ai/get-mycroft/picroft#tested-hardware

I bought a yotto. I tested it first on my windows desktop machine, seemed to be o.k. Then moved to the PI. It was kind of easy to setup, but I already versed on how much fun it is playing with USB on the PI.

4 days later? Nothing but trouble. Spent countless hours trying to figure out if / what usb port I was plugging into, what happened on reboot, or whatever other setting I change.

Here go to find out, I plug back into Windows machine - and it’s broke altogether. Shame, it looks like a decent piece of hardware.

A little probing around google, find that I am not alone. More than a few reviews can be found where the device mysteriously stopped working with no rhyme or reason. It is an off-shoot brand, made in China, and impossible to go complain to the company.

For as much as this costs, and the value to possibly resell it? I would say it is a risky try, Likely to spend as much effort get to work using about any other USB microphone.

Kinobo mini USB microphone is working well for me. Purchased from Amazon.ca for $9.98.