Honestly, I think I finally have this little jerk working, after all this troubleshooting.
Here’s a recap of my woes for anyone stumbling upon this page, looking for help:
- My girlfried bought me a Pi v3B last Christmas, and I had been trying to figure out what to do with it, since I like the Pi v4-8GB.
- I found Mycroft, and the Google AIY v1 was listed as supported.
- I bought an AIY v1 voice kit for $30 off eBay and printed an enclosure on my Sovol SV01 3D printer.
- The new Buster Raspbi images break the AIY v1 mic, unless the 91-pulseaudio-rpi.rules file is edited, using what I have written in one of the above posts.
- The file is found in /lib/dev/rules.d. Once edited, reboot and test out mic.
- Switch listener from Sphinx to Precise; since it loads Sphinx from default.
- I am using the default Hey Jarvis wake-word, which was selected when doing the online pairing.
- Edit mycroft-config with what I have in one of the above posts.
- Change mic volume from 100% to 30-35% in alsamixer.
- Install google-aiy-voicekit skill.
- Test out Mycroft.