Install of picroft image - stuck at please wait a moment

I FOUND the bug.

see your skill is crashing mycroft clients · Issue #26 · andlo/fairytalez-skill · GitHub

the author has invalid inicode in the json and its breaking everyone…

how do i get the mycroft folks to fix this?

I’m confused, because I asked you multiple times if you removed your skills directory and you mentioned that you fresh install as well. If that was the case, this skill would have been removed and mycroft-core should have been able to start.

The skill is from @andlo which is not part of the Mycroft team, opening an issue on the skill was the right thing to do. Now you will have to wait until @andlo has some time (if he has) to fix the skill or you can write a GitHub PR with a fix.

Good thing is that you found your issue. :+1:

the mc core alsways downloads the 150k json file - of all marketplace skills. at start of app. I have no personal skills installed.

i still dont understand how you got stock rpi OS and added stock mycroft and it woerks for you but not for me. Still says Please wait…

Can you possibly share with me the code that you use to auto start my craft when your pie is turned on?

I’m using Docker: GitHub - smartgic/docker-mycroft: Mycroft AI Voice Assistant Docker images and docker-compose.yml files for x86_64, arm7vl and aarch64 CPU architectures.

hi I just tried installing picroft on a 4b 4gb my first time using mycroft don’t have a micro HDMI cable waiting for it to arrive so thought i would try ssh. burnt the sd with the standard picroft pluged in ps3 eye, speeker, Ethernet and 5v 3.4a power put sd in turned it on and nothing no Ethernet Activity at all so no ip to ssh into no noise through the speaker the odd blink of the green led thats it so i have no idea what to do next? thx

The blinking green is Linux trying to boot. Without a monitor and keyboard it’s hard to get anywhere. I’d say just wait for the HDMI cable to arrive.

Hope this helps.

-Mike Mac

ok yes that dose thanks