Mycroft on FreeBSD

I did that before already, here’s what it says:

pip3 install dateutil
Collecting dateutil
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement dateutil (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for dateutil
You are using pip version 18.0, however version 18.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.

python-dateutil doesn’t work, either?

Also, potentially py-dateutil.

But, I have installed this module (see here post 55). I will check in the FreeBSD python community for this issue.

In post 55 I see that you might have it installed systemwide, but probably it is not installed within the VENV of mycroft, otherwise post 58 wouldn’t fail…

Repeat post 60 with;

pip3 install python-dateutil

But make sure you are in the VENV Mycroft is using.

Thanks, this worked and now the nex module is missing: ‘fasteners’

I now understand, that I shouldl first deal with the errors from
pip install -r requirements.txt
and come up with a complete FreeBSD package list which must be installed or checked by dev_setup.sh

I have deleted everything and did a fresh git clone. Based on this the run of ./dev_setup.sh (with modifications for FreeBSD) produces the following nohup.out file: http://www.unixarea.de/nohup.out
Can someone please have a look into and clarify this compilation error of C-code:

gcc49 -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -DNDEBUG -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC -DPSUTIL_POSIX=1 -DPSUTIL_BSD=1 -DPSUTIL_VERSION=521 -DPSUTIL_FREEBSD=1 -I/home/guru/Mycroft-test/mycroft-core/.venv/include -I/usr/local/include/python3.6m -c psutil/arch/bsd/freebsd_socks.c -o build/temp.freebsd-13.0-CURRENT-amd64-3.6/psutil/arch/bsd/freebsd_socks.o
  psutil/arch/bsd/freebsd_socks.c: In function 'psutil_search_tcplist':
  psutil/arch/bsd/freebsd_socks.c:126:37: error: 'struct xtcpcb' has no member named 'xt_tp'
           tp = &((struct xtcpcb *)xig)->xt_tp;

if this is an issue wwith FreeBSD or Mycroft. I do not even find the source file to check the code in the source. From where this is unpacked?

Can you figure out at which step it is?

Is it some C code in one of the python requirements or perhaps Mimic1? If it is the former, you could check if there is a binary wheel for it instead of sources.

I finally have the cli running, but it does not respond on any utterance, for example Hey, Microft sing a song In the window of the cli I have the following lines after this command:

Establishing Mycroft Messagebus connection...                   
Connected to Messagebus!                                              
13:10:31.925 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:145 - INFO - Loaded mycroft-alarm.mycroftai
~~~~7 - INFO - ATTEMPTING TO LOAD SKILL: mycroft-singing.mycroftai with ID mycroft-singing.mycroftai
13:10:31.956 - SingingSkill - WARNING - self.emitter is deprecated switch to "self.bus"
13:10:31.958 - mycroft.skills.core:load_skill:145 - INFO - Loaded mycroft-singing.mycroftai
~~~~nt_service:handle_utterance:345 - ERROR - 'PadatiousService' object has no attribute 'container'
Traceback (most recent call last):                              
~~~~/guru/Mycroft-test/mycroft-core/mycroft/skills/intent_service.py", line 323, in handle_utterance
    utterances[0])                                 
~~~~me/guru/Mycroft-test/mycroft-core/mycroft/skills/padatious_service.py", line 146, in calc_intent
    return self.container.calc_intent(utt)
AttributeError: 'PadatiousService' object has no attribute 'container'
  ^--- NEWEST ---^                                                    

And the log files still have these errors which I don’t know how to solve:

$ grep ERROR /var/log/mycroft/*
/var/log/mycroft/audio.log:13:10:17.354 - mycroft.audio.audioservice:load_services:108 - ERROR - Failed to import module chromecast
/var/log/mycroft/audio.log:13:10:17.382 - mycroft.audio.audioservice:load_services:108 - ERROR - Failed to import module mplayer
/var/log/mycroft/audio.log:13:10:17.402 - mycroft.audio.audioservice:load_services:108 - ERROR - Failed to import module vlc
/var/log/mycroft/audio.log:13:12:06.990 - mycroft.messagebus.client.ws:on_error:83 - ERROR - Exception closing websocket: Exception("Uncaught 'error' event.",)
/var/log/mycroft/skills.log:13:10:16.274 - mycroft.skills.padatious_service:__init__:43 - ERROR - Padatious not installed. Please re-run dev_setup.sh
/var/log/mycroft/skills.log:13:10:59.009 - mycroft.skills.intent_service:handle_utterance:345 - ERROR - 'PadatiousService' object has no attribute 'container'
/var/log/mycroft/skills.log:13:12:06.936 - mycroft.messagebus.client.ws:on_error:83 - ERROR - Exception closing websocket: Exception("Uncaught 'error' event.",)
/var/log/mycroft/skills.log:13:12:11.945 - mycroft.messagebus.client.ws:on_error:76 - ERROR - === ConnectionRefusedError(61, 'Connection refused') ===
/var/log/mycroft/skills.log:13:12:11.953 - mycroft.messagebus.client.ws:on_error:83 - ERROR - Exception closing websocket: Exception("Uncaught 'error' event.",)
/var/log/mycroft/voice.log:13:10:31.059 - mycroft.client.speech.hotword_factory:initialize:293 - ERROR - Could not create hotword. Falling back to default.
/var/log/mycroft/voice.log:13:10:31.064 - mycroft.client.speech.hotword_factory:initialize:293 - ERROR - Could not create hotword. Falling back to default.

Any help on this?

You are sure you have all the stuff from the requirements.txt ?

Looks like you are still missing stuff…

1 Like

Yes. I collected a list with pip list > list.txt and compared this with the file requirements.txt. I now have everything install with one exception: pocketsphinx==0.1.0. This fails to compile with:

clang -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -DNDEBUG -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC -DSPHINXBASE_EXPORTS -DPOCKETSPHINX_EXPORTS -DSPHINX_DLL -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Ideps/sphinxbase/include -Ideps/sphinxbase/include/sphinxbase -I/home/guru/Mycroft-test/mycroft-core/.venv/include -I/usr/local/include/python3.6m -c deps/sphinxbase/src/libsphinxbase/lm/lm_trie_quant.c -o build/temp.freebsd-13.0-CURRENT-amd64-3.6/deps/sphinxbase/src/libsphinxbase/lm/lm_trie_quant.o
    In file included from deps/sphinxbase/src/libsphinxbase/lm/lm_trie_quant.c:40:
    deps/sphinxbase/include/sphinxbase/prim_type.h:88:10: fatal error: 'sphinx_config.h' file not found
    #include <sphinx_config.h>
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1 error generated.

But, ./start-mycroft.sh debug works now, Mycroft does even listen to me and answers in audio,

1 Like

I have a clean patch file (diff -c output) which incorporates the FreeBSD related changes in

start-mycroft.sh
mimic/src/audio/au_alsa.c
dev_setup.sh
requirements.txt

To whom I should send this?

The best and easiest for Mycroft staff (IMHO) is to fork the mycroft-core repo and create a Pull Request.

Apart of git clone ... I’ve never done anything real with git, please help me with the required commends. Thanks.

Perhaps you can Copy&Paste the patch file here;

Then I or others can give it a go. Or at least validate your changes to see if they can be merged in the first place because I foresee challenges with the “requirements.txt”

The patch is here http://www.unixarea.de/mycroft-freebsd-patch.txt.gz

Re/ requirements.txt I only commented out the line for ‘psutil’ because it has this installed as a

pip list | grep psutil

shows, but always wants to compile it from C-source, which fails. Don’t know why.

If I change the line in requirements.txtto:

grep psu requirements.txt
psutil==5.4.8

all is fine:

$ nohup ./dev_setup.sh
appending output to nohup.out
$ grep psu nohup.out 
Requirement already satisfied: psutil==5.4.8 in ./.venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from -r requirements.txt (line 14)) (5.4.8)

Have the proposed changes be reviewed or integrated?