[SOLVED]Unable to pair Mycroft

Hi - I have cloned the git repo, run the relevant scripts, and all is good. When I try to add the device to home.mycroft.ai, however, i punch in the code, and it adds the device, but my mycroft is still moaning about not being paired.

I keep getting this randomly:

Im connected to the internet, and need to be activated. register me at home.mycroft.ai…

Any pointers or tips appreciated.

Edit: Im seeing this in the logs - might be the issue?

2017-08-21 15:40:26,955 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (1): api.mycroft.ai
2017-08-21 15:40:28,003 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - https://api.mycroft.ai:443 “POST /v1/device/activate HTTP/1.1” 404 83
2017-08-21 15:40:38,006 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (1): api.mycroft.ai
2017-08-21 15:40:39,061 - requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - https://api.mycroft.ai:443 “POST /v1/device/activate HTTP/1.1” 404 83

Edit 2: wtf - CLI is working. I can ask it the time, and to set the volume, no issue. Worth mentioning i had a previous mycroft install. I have since moved the source folder for that install to a backup location, and same story for the /home/user/.mycroft/ folder. Its not creating an identity file.

High fives to helpers.

Edit 3: No rush, im installing the package manager version now. mebbe that gets me going.

Hello @gizlonk the mycroft backend is currently having issues with registering and pairing, and i am sure that is related to what you are experiencing. We are working hard to fix that.

1 Like

Wish I could help. Much love, thanks for your hard work.

@gizlonk From what I am seeing on MatterMost, chat.mycroft.ai, it looks like it is back up. We are currently looking at upgrading and monitoring to allow us to have less disruptions. Thank you for your help in solving this.

yeah, i see its up. got my mycroft paired. in my haste to fix it, i lost all my custom skills, so its retarded at the moment.

1 Like