C25K Skill - testing and feedback

Here in the northern hemisphere, the days are slowly getting longer, the superbowl will be over in about 6 hours, and we are preparing to complete our winter hibernation. With that comes the motivation to get outside, shed the extra pounds we gained during the holidays and prepare for the arrival of warmer weather and spring.
Mycroft would like to assist by helping you to get off the couch, jump on that treadmill and learn to run 5k in 9 weeks. :running_man: :running_woman:

To that end I am releasing the C25K skill on the community. If you don’t know what C25k is, it is the Couch to 5km program. This 9 week running program gradually increases your endurance each week by lengthening your run intervals and shortening your walk / rest intervals. The program expects 3 workouts / week and by the end of the 9 weeks you should be a ready to hit the outdoors for an 5km run.

The c25k skill will talk you through each workout session providing occasional motivational feedback as you work through each of the intervals. There is a complete interval chart on the github page.

How to install SKILL NAME

• Install C25K Skill by …
  • msm install https://github.com/pcwii/c25k-skill.git
  • set websettings to your active week / day
    • Mycroft does not properly push websettings changes in skills to the web ui.
    • this will not update upon completion although mycroft will remember last workout until a power loss or reboot

How to test SKILL NAME

• If you are motivated, this will take 9 weeks to test properly, so dust off the treadmill and get running.
  • Configure the Skill Settings in home.mycroft.ai
  • Speak start my run
  • Mycroft should tell you about the current running schedule
  • If you tell Mycroft to stop your workout at any time prior to completing the session you will need to re-start that session at your next workout.
  • If you successfully complete the current session Mycroft will start you on the next session when your request the skill in the future.

Where feedback on SKILL NAME should be directed a

Feel free to provide feedback on this forum or on github.
If this skill was a help to get you off the couch I would love to hear that too!

Enjoy!!!

5 Likes