Mycroft Community Forum

Custom GUI - J.A.R.V.I.S. Themed

Hi everyone,

I’m quite new to the Mycroft AI project, tough I installed it once on a raspberry pi and read up and took a look on the source code the last few weeks.
My idea is to use a Jetson Nano /Xavier NX or a Lattepanda (not quite sure which one is better suited for the tasks I had in mind) for Mycroft and make it communicate with a variety of sensors, that are controlled by a microcontroller (Sensor types: Temperature, humidity, air quality, etc). This seems rather doable and possible to integrate.
What I’m wondering more about (as I’m not realy into GUI programming etc.) is how to make a custom standard GUI, rather than use the one that is provided by Mycroft.
As a theme I’d like to have a J.A.R.V.I.S. like apperance simmilar to the one presented here, which would only be a starting point and would be heavily modified from me:

Does anyone know if something simmilar has been already done in terms of the GUI, which I could build on?
Otherwise it would be really helpful to have a better understanding on how to override or change the current GUI.
I mean the HTML code looks okay and getting python backend functionality would probably be not that much of a problem, but integrating it into Mycroft is where I’m not quite sure how to do it.

Thanks for any advice in advance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you could design this in QML and set it as the default homescreen in mycroft-gui, if you want to write your own GUI using a different language / framework, you might need to implement your own gui protocol over web sockets or implement a similar one to mycroft-gui, example mycroft-gui protocol: mycroft-gui/transportProtocol.md at master · MycroftAI/mycroft-gui (github.com)