Help with picking the right components appreciated

If you’re running with a TV on HDMI, you will experience output on TV and the JBL now.

Looks good now. Several commands were handled fine. I just had to power on the JBL manually. Really annoying that it gets powered off after some time. I’m not the only one experiencing this issue, so it seems.

do you run headless? And if so, is there a plan to change that?

Yes I do and for the time being no plans to change that. It’s also cabled. If the setup remains stable, I intend to enable WiFi and put it in a box, so I can move it around more easilly.

But regardless of that, if you don’t have a plan on using the jack on the pi you might want to blacklist snd_bcm2835 (i just realize that i don’t know if you are running this on a raspberry pi)

Not at this moment. But since it works now, I’ll leave it as it is. If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes I do (take a look at my opening post of this topic :wink:)

too far up :stuck_out_tongue:

To give a heads up why pulse_duck: If it happens that two streams overlay each other (say playing music and getting a timer response) this prevents that those two merge into each other and with this the music stream ducks to hear the other.

If you want you cant post some pastebins’ from /var/log/mycroft/skills.log (last 1000) and …audio.log (last 300) to see if something fishy is happening (something not recognized)

Quite useful. Not sure if I will ever be playing music over this speaker though. I have a set of very cool Devialet Phantoms for that :yum: If anything, I might attempt to hook up Mycroft to those. It will require a stable Bluetooth connection though, which is not easily accomplished, from what I have read.

Apparently not necessary, because I can play on another device with Spotify connect :blush:

Once again no audio. No idea what changed since the previous reboot, after which everything seemed to work fine. Other work to do, so it will have to wait.

If that happens again try to pactl list sinks and pactl list sink-inputs in that session and dump it here.

A look into audio.log/voice.log/skills.log and pastebin the last 1000 lines here would also be helpful in that case

I has gotten even worse :worried: Mycroft won’t even listen anymore. I guess I’ll have to restore from a backup and start the fix procedure all over again.

do you have checked the logs?

Question: Bluetooth or with a 3,5 cable?

I did. I saw mycroft ai loading failures in the beginning of the boot process. Because I was not exactly sure what had happened, I decided to restore a backup and start over. I’m in the process now and will try to keep better track of things I do.

No Bluetooth (yet) but a 3.5 cable. Bluetooth later perhaps, but only when things runs smooth and stable for some time.

Right! Just checking, as blietooth is in a whole different league.

Wondering if it could be a test to play something on repeat for a long time to see if you can capture the moment so you can have a look at logs and such.

If it keeps playing and doesn’t show the error it might be some power saving stuff.

Are you referring to the JBL auto power down issue?

i’m confused about the power down thing. Is this the pre amp getting powered? Even if that shuts down, you should hear the stream.

After finding several topics with similar complaints, I’m quite sure it is a JBL thing. But not my biggest problem at this moment. First I must get Mycroft to the point I was before, when it was actually doing something. For some reason I can’t get it to work anymore.