Installing mycroft on custom/new hardware (ARTIK)

Hello guys,

Has anyone tried to load mycroft on Samsung ARTIK platform ? I just found out about this awesome project while I was working on alexa and I absolutely love it. The thing is that I do have an arduino with me but I don’t know where I put the connecting cable. I do have a samsung artik board which I got from samsung as a gift it is running fedora 20 so my question is can I install mycroft over it if yes please let me know how.

The simple answer is that you should be able to run Mycroft on an ARTIK or any Linux System on a Chip (SoC). I don’t know if anyone around here has tried an ARTIK yet, so you get to break new ground. :slight_smile:

The key piece you need is Python 2.7 support, which I’m sure you have. Everything from there is optional.

There is no need for an Arduino to run Mycroft. We only use the Arduino on our Mycroft Mark 1 to control the lights for the eyes and mouth. All of the core functionality runs on the main system.

The best place for you to start is to pull down the mycroft-core from Github. I think you can largely follow the instructions at https://docs.mycroft.ai/development on you ARTIK.

Please let us know how it goes for you!