Mimic error installing/starting mycroft, Ryzen 7, Ubuntu 20.04

Hello. I am unable to run mycroft, get an error when the installer gets to the mimic stage. Will it work on a Ryzen chip (Ryzen 7 4800H)? I think I know the answer because the documentation mentions mimic runs on Linux Intel and ARM devices. But just want to check. Thanks.

Ian

Hi Ian, welcome to the forums.

I’d be surprised if Mimic 1 wouldn’t work on that CPU. What error are you getting?

Appreciate the reply - been a bit busy so not had time since to look at it. I’ve just run the installation again, cloning the git repo then running the setup.sh script. I get a warning about an outdated version if pip being already installed. Then when it comes to the stage of installing mimic locally, after downloading all the files, I get this error:

Cloning into ‘mimic’…

error: RPC failed; curl 56 GnuTLS recv error (-110): The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

I then pasted the suggested command in the pip warning and upgraded pip. It reported successful uninstallation of the existing version and installation of updated version. Ran the setup script again, still get the same warning about pip. Thanks for any suggestions.

Ian

Hey, that is a new one…

From a brief search I found lots of unanswered questions, but did see this list of possible solutions: