Neon AI for Mark II for free

That would be wonderful @denics! Can you help us find one to work with?

I looked up on the web before, and all I found available were expensive and complex arrangements suited to companies that send a lot of products to Europe regularly. If you or anyone else have connections, please put us together. - clary@neon.ai If they have someone who speaks French, English, Ukrainian, or Russian that would make things simpler, but translation isn’t so difficult nowadays in any case.

I read on Reddit that you’re very close to having Neon working with Home Assistant. I don’t have a Reddit account (and I don’t want one), or I’d have asked these questions there. Home Assistant integration is really the killer feature Neon needs in my opinion. Do you have a time frame that you’re expecting, and is there any possibility that Home Assistant will be able to use Neon as a device/service? I’d love to be able to push information to Neon from HA like devices entering/leaving zones, backyard weather station information for the weather skill and display on the home screen, etc. I know Nabu Casa has dubbed 2023 “The Year of Voice” and they’re focusing hard on voice integration. Any chance Neon is getting to capitalize on that?

1 Like

It’s in our pre-release version now :slight_smile: If you’re running Neon, you can give it the command “enable pre-release updates” and then “run updates” to get the latest pre-release version which includes the Home Assistant skill, though we haven’t yet added it to documentation since it still needs a good bit of work.

@mikejgray made the “alpha” version of the Home Assistant skill for the Neon OS - thank you Mike! He is working on getting it to full functionality, and I’m sure would welcome help with polishing it up and testing in more HA configurations. Here’s his public repository - GitHub - mikejgray/neon-homeassistant-skill: A Neon AI Skill for Home Assistant, which integrates with ovos-PHAL-plugin-homeassistant.

As for being able to push information to Neon as you describe, that would be great. I’m not sure what is functional right now or will be easily constructed. None of us have the bandwidth to explore and make that happen at this moment, but we are happy to facilitate any community efforts in whatever ways we can.

I can tell you that Neon is able to interact with anything on the Home Assistant Websocket API. To connect our skill with Home Assistant, we’re using this plugin from OVos - https://github.com/OpenVoiceOS/ovos-PHAL-plugin-homeassistant

2 Likes

Have you started shipping the free Neon USB drives? Has anyone else gotten one? I did order one, and nothing seen so far.

Same here. Ordered mine on the 1st of february and neihter the stick nor an update on the shipping/delivery status so far.

Confirming receipt of my USB drive. It’s a higher quality and size Samsung drive vs. the SanDisk Mycroft came with.

I received email notification with USPS tracking, and it arrived promptly.

Color printed instructions along with a nice “Cheat Sheet” for current commands.

2 Likes

@HaleyQuinn @burns I’m getting them packed up to send out the door right now. They’ll go to the post office tomorrow or Friday. @Supovitz was in the very first round of orders, which I was able to send out right away. After that we’ve had to wait much longer than expected for our larger order of USB drives. I’m sorry about the wait.

US orders should have received an email from Square today, which was sent automatically when I printed the shipping stickers.

For orders shipping to countries outside the US, I’m working on the labels right now and I expect your tracking emails to come from USPS instead. The Square interface refused to process them in a batch, so I’m uploading them to the USPS site directly instead. The USPS site also provides more detailed customs info, and I’m hopeful that will keep taxes and fees to recipients to an accurately small amount.

Thanks @NeonClary. I did not get an email, but I do see a package on the USPS site from something called “Shippo” where the label was created today. In fact there is no huge rush given that the Mark II is delayed, but I was wondering if I had done it all correctly.

@NeonClary Thanks for your answer, I still wait for that E-Mail, but as you said, it could be today or tomorrow. At least I know that so far :wink:

I got the email on Wednesday (22-FEB-2023). I also got a notification from the USPS (as I have the informed delivery services that the USPS offers) denoting there is a shipping label printed (and a USPS tracking number assigned).

The USPS service is pretty handy (if you do a lot of online ordering).

1 Like

@burns Shippo is the intermediary between USPS and Square. :slight_smile: Also, if you have purchased a Mark II that hasn’t been shipped yet, you’ll get one of our drives in the box with it as well.

If you’re in the US, you should have an email from Shippo / USPS / Square already. If you don’t have one, please send me your order number or the name you listed it under and I’ll look it up (I don’t see anything under Haley or Quinn). Thanks! clary@neon.ai

Hi @NeonClary , I have requested the details from the delivery company so I have the detail of the costs. Indeed, I am speaking of France, the TVA cost is 7 euros, to which we have to add 8 euros of customs operations costs from the US distribution partner company. Total, 15€ :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks! Sorry to make you send another one NEON is also being included with the Mark II. Should be fun to play with. I hope to port my Hubitat Elevation skill, which currently runs on a PiCroft to work with Neon on the Mark II.

1 Like

I got an email update from the USPS stating that the Pinot has left the facility. I even got an estimated delivery date.

My USB stick arrived today in the USPS mail 1 day sooner than the original estimate.

I have not attempted any install yet - but will attempt in the next week (or sooner).

1 Like

Thank you for following up with the information @denics! I did some further research, and used a different interface (Shippo) which seems to do a more detailed job on the customs forms. All the international shipments are on their way now, and hopefully thanks to you other folks will see lower fees.

1 Like

Ooo! Let me know how that goes when you do :slight_smile:

All orders placed up to today are in the mail, and everyone should have received an email with tracking information. That email would come from Shippo, Square, or USPS. If you have any issues with delivery or with locating your email please email me at clary@neon.ai (or you can message through the Square interface, or on here of course.) Thank you!

1 Like

Ok, will do. I may do it for the original Mark II software first…that should be a simple port. I am anxious to try it on Neon though. But not till my Mark II arrives :slight_smile:

Oh, and my Neon USB stick arrived today. Thanks!