Standalone React based Javascript GUI for Mycroft

Good Afternoon Everyone!
I’ve been working on a new project for mycroft that involves an out of the box solution to get a JS GUI up and running on my personal raspi 7" setup. Today I’m proud to say that that project is at a functional basic v1 state, and I’d love to hear what you all think about it!
Currently I have only built templates to accommodate for the mycroft wiki skill, and one for the gui-examples-aiix skills, but will be adding more in the future. To get it up and running simply clone the project, install NPM, and start the react server by running ‘npm start’ in the project directory.

Here’s the project:

I currently run this, and have added another utility skill of my own make as well that wakes the screen on wake word event so that the GUI is made visible if the screen is asleep

Here is that wake screen skill:

My hope is that this can become a well rounded JS solution that can serve html/css assets and eventually become community driven project.

Let me know what you all think!

Big Shoutout to @forslund for his help, his idea was the basis of this project, I simply ran with it

7 Likes

Best part of open source! See my fumbling steps in js being built out into something really cool!

All praise to the person running with the it (Ideas are a dime per dozen)!

4 Likes