How to install telegram-skill
Install telegram-skill by …
- “git pull https://github.com/luke5sky/telegram-skill” or put the github link under custom install in home.mycroft.ai and say “download custom skill”
- Dependency: python-telegram-bot
telegram-skill connects to your telegram-bot …
- This skill connects to a telegram-bot you created. You need at least an API-Token, your MyCroft Device Name (the name you gave your device in home.mycroft.ai) and your ChatID.
You need to create a telegram bot (via BotFather) and save the Bot Token, your ChatID (you may leave this blank and write to your bot after you put in Token and DeviceName, it will give you your ChatID) and your MyCroft Device name on home.mycroft.ai under skill settings.
After this restart your MyCroft Unit
You can now commmunicate with your MyCroft Unit via this bot.
How to test telegram-skill
- Configure the Skill Settings in home.mycroft.ai (you may configure to mute audio for telegram responses. Only works with alsaaudio)
- Write your bot, mycroft should answear you via your telegram-bot