Virtualenvs setup issues

I’ve just started playing with my Raspberry Pi 3 as a wall-mounted dashboard (like Dakboard, but I haven’t settled on one yet) and Retropie system. Mycroft looks very interesting and may be integral to my setup.

Since I already have Rasbian with Retropie installed, I decided not to go with the Picroft install and try the Linux install. It’s been years since I touched Linux with any real utility, so consider me a real newbie.

Running the setup, I receive this error -
dev_setup.sh: line 162: /home/pi/.virtualenvs/mycroft/bin/activate: No such file or directory

I think this is why I’m also getting -
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/pi/mycroft-core/mycroft/client/text/main.py", line 40, in <module> import mycroft.version ImportError: No module named mycroft.version

I’m not opposed to wiping this Pi and starting over of there’s a better avenue, but I’m in no way an advanced user. So be gentle.

So just to be clear @JoelMBenge, you’ve installed mycroft-core on an RPi3 running Raspian from GitHub?

I did. Yes. Feel free to tell me I did something wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, we usually recommend downloading the Picroft image;
https://mycroft.ai/to/picroft-image
and burning this to Micro SD card, rather than installing mycroft-core onto Raspbian.

Picroft is build for Raspbian Jessie Lite, rather than Stretch.

Okay. I can try that and then pull down RetroPie on top of that.

You should be able to install it on a default raspian jessie too.
But the dev setup will create a virtual env, and has to be changed, or installed.

There is some information on how to add the repository, and what you should change on a github page:

Look for the info in "Connect to Mycroft repos and pull down current image"
That adds the repository.

Love Retropie! It even accepts my ps2 controller as input.

grtz. Tjoen